Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Fair point.

The thing with Liverpool though is their decline is largely their fault. I don't think Ajax's is. Certainly not to the same extent anyway.

But they've only managed to win their own league 4 times since 1998.

PSV Eindhoven had a massive run with 7 titles since 2000, similar to Olympique Lyon had in France. PSV choked access to the vital CL millions for the other top teams in the Eredivisie.

OK, well this is a better explanation, still don't think it makes much difference in terms of the argument at hand mind, i.e. whether Ajax can act hard done by when their players go elsewhere.

Anita is Xavi

:notbad:

Guest Realist

:lol: dunno why i laughed but.

The pointlessness of the unsourced, though true, quote :lol: :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/Haqd1.png

Fair point.

The thing with Liverpool though is their decline is largely their fault. I don't think Ajax's is. Certainly not to the same extent anyway.

But they've only managed to win their own league 4 times since 1998.

PSV Eindhoven had a massive run with 7 titles since 2000, similar to Olympique Lyon had in France. PSV choked access to the vital CL millions for the other top teams in the Eredivisie.

OK, well this is a better explanation, still don't think it makes much difference in terms of the argument at hand mind, i.e. whether Ajax can act hard done by when their players go elsewhere.

They rarely do, it's a fact of life in the Eredivisie. Most fans only complain when young talent get's raided from the academies before they have spend time in first teams.

Many better players than Anita have left on good terms like Ibrahimovich, Sneijder or Suarez, so it's a bit strange in all.

Like I said earlier much of the anger in Anita's case seems to stem from him being hard to replace for Ajax. Losing Anita could be decisive for their title chances and making it past the group stages of the CL. Newcastle is not perceived as a (massive) improvement. It's easier to accept for fans if your key player leaves you for a dream-club, and not just a better contract in a better league.

Personally I think they are exaggerating, Anita is a good player but they act like he is Xavi. Bocarra should be able to replace him next year. And if their really desperate they can raid Feyenoord for Clasie, that should be good for some drama :lol:

Signing for Sunderland.

not given his first name.  ;D

:lol: Just looked it up.

Assuming he signs tomorrow, any chance we'll see him on Saturday?

He will be at the game!! Sure he wont be involved though other than being introduced to the crowd.  AP will surely want to work with him on the training field first.  Then again, if Tiote is out and we have to rely on Gosling or Perch, you never know.  Although I would prefer and be happy with the later given his form last season.

Assuming he signs tomorrow, any chance we'll see him on Saturday?

He will be at the game!! Sure he wont be involved though other than being introduced to the crowd.  AP will surely want to work with him on the training field first.  Then again, if Tiote is out and we have to rely on Gosling or Perch, you never know.  Although I would prefer and be happy with the later given his form last season.

I say throw him in the deep end. Usually the best way.  :lol:

Where did you hear this?

A couple of different places on Twitter were claiming it so nothing concrete... AP normally has his late morning so should get an indication then of how things will unfold...

Blatantly holding back announcing the signing until tmrw afternoon so we can announce Remy and Debucy at the same time.

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/730195/82727835.gif

Eh, do they know each other...or the Sweden totally taking the piss? :lol:

The Journal.

VURNON Anita arrived in Newcastle yesterday afternoon and is today set to complete his long-awaited move to St James’ Park.

Fancy a Bet? Free £25 Bet with Blue Square The 23-year-old flew to Tyneside from Amsterdam with a view to finalise terms on a five-year deal and undergo a medical, which both parties expect will lead to the conclusion of his transfer from Ajax.

The Dutch giants accepted a £6.6m bid from Newcastle last weekend and neither expects any last-minute hitches, which should placate some if not all of the supporters who have grown concerned with the lack of first-team signings with the Premier League season beginning in only three days. Anita would be the club’s most significant summer signing following on from the arrivals of Romain Amalfitano, Curtis Good and Gaël Bigirimana.

Newcastle boss Pardew believed “one of two things might happen this week” and he will be delighted and it must be said mightily relieved when Anita becomes his player at long last. Anita’s father said earlier this week that the chances of the transfer being done depended entirely on what role Pardew saw the versatile player filling within the team; something that would have been discussed last night when the two met .

He can play in defence and midfield and his father said: “Vurnon first wants to know what his plans are for him. Does he want Vurnon for right-back, or for left-back? Or in midfield? These are important questions in making his choice. He needs answers to these questions.”

However, it now seems any lasting obstacles in the way of this deal being completed have been cleared. Netherlands Antilles-born Anita has won three senior caps for Holland having played for them at various youth levels, but was not part of their squad for this summer’s European Championship.

With both Hatem Ben Arfa and Yohan Cabaye still short of full match fitness, Pardew may be tempted to at least put Anita on the bench for Saturday’s match with Tottenham at St James’ Park.

However, one player who won’t be present on the opening weekend fixture is Luka Modric, who is due in Spain today to complete his move to Real Madrid.

The Croatian – a Magpies target before he opted to join Spurs – is expected cost the La Liga champions £25m.