Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

€10m, that's a big offer to get and probably in one go. Not surprised they're considering it tbh, though it'd be pretty daft of them to accept the first offer.

I've said this a few times before but the Twente fan on Big Soccer is adament that Twente only ever do deals upfront, both incoming and outgoing. Makes sense that they'd like dealing with us.

:thup:

Pretty reasonable chance that they've leaked this in order to smoke out bigger offers from other interested parties like.

Forever the dark cloud :lol:

What the f***? This is exciting stuff, I'm not being pessimistic at all. ???

Must be selling players, can't afford him, only leaked to get a better offer. What does pessimism look like in your world Dave? :lol:

Newcastle bid £8m for De Jong

McClaren's Twente considering offer received for star striker

Last Updated: June 18, 2012 10:36pm

Sky Sports understand Newcastle have bid £8million (€10m) for FC Twente star Luuk de Jong.

The Premier League club have long been linked with the Holland international, who went to Euro 2012 but did not play in his nation's disappointing campaign.

Newcastle have now made their first approach and Sky sources understand Twente are considering the offer as boss Steve McClaren thinks about the options.

The pursuit of De Jong will do little to quash reports Demba Ba is set to leave St James' Park this summer and it appears to be the case of Alan Pardew lining up replacements.

It has in the past been reported Twente value De Jong at closer to £12.5m so it remains to be seen whether Newcastle are successful in their initial approach.

Pardew had in January shown interest in the 21-year-old but instead decided to bring in Papiss Cisse from Freiburg.

De Jong has also been linked with Tottenham, Liverpool, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund after scoring 39 goals in 76 games for Twente.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/7824873/?utm_source=feed&utm_medium=twitter

Guest BooBoo

Wonder if we've had enough with Douglas after all then? You'd think we'd try and do a double deal if we still wanted him too.

Double signings man. :sweetjesus:

My point is that anything to do with Ba leaving has been fabricated by the media, with Harry Cunthead Redknapp as the catalyst. Alright, neither Pardew or the player himself has come out with a definitive statement regarding his future.

€10m, that's a big offer to get and probably in one go. Not surprised they're considering it tbh, though it'd be pretty daft of them to accept the first offer.

I've said this a few times before but the Twente fan on Big Soccer is adament that Twente only ever do deals upfront, both incoming and outgoing. Makes sense that they'd like dealing with us.

Pretty reasonable chance that they've leaked this in order to smoke out bigger offers from other interested parties like.

Must be selling players, can't afford him, only leaked to get a better offer. What does pessimism look like in your world Dave? :lol:

Dave won't settle until he sees 'us' go bust and reskins this site as Leeds-Online. It's all an elaborate and expensive hoax.

Never said any of that as fact actually. Since when is realism and discussion frowned upon on here?

Wonder if we've had enough with Douglas after all then? You'd think we'd try and do a double deal if we still wanted him too.

Got a million agents hasn't he?

http://lazytechguys.zippykidcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Many-Agent-Smiths.jpg

You buy Luuk de Jong to replace someone like Ba.

You sign a cheap, semi-decent player like Best to replace Best.

Swings and roundabouts. You could perhaps attach that methodology to a club like us, but clubs around us in the table buy players like De Jong to add to what they've already got - especially when they've got a European campaign ahead of them and nearby rivals are also strengthening.

Guest bimpy474

If Ba leaves Premier League to go to Turkey then fuck him just chasing money really, shows lack of ambition going there like

He does have form for it like.

Guest Realist

Never said any of that as fact actually. Since when is realism and discussion frowned upon on here?

Finally a sane post.

Swings and roundabouts. You could perhaps attach that methodology to a club like us, but clubs around us in the table buy players like De Jong to add to what they've already got - especially when they've got a European campaign ahead of them and nearby rivals are also strengthening.

Would leave us with four quality players for three positions. Off the top of my head, can't think of a club around us in a similar position.

If Ba leaves Premier League to go to Turkey then f*** him just chasing money really, shows lack of ambition going there like

True, you would think he would be happy around the french speakers in squad and felt at home. Go to Turkey for racist abuse :) - how much more cash can he possibly want, you would think as a footballer you would want to play in best leagues.

Would leave us with four quality players for three positions. Off the top of my head, can't think of a club around us in a similar position.

Then why did Chelsea buy Lukaku when they already had Drogba, Torres, Kalou, Sturridge, (Anelka?) all on the books? Arsenal have signed Giroud to go with Van Persie, Podolski, Gervinho, Park, Chamakh.

They're not exceptional examples, i'll confess.

Just by merely glancing at his picture I can tell he's the next Van Persie.

First goal he scored on this compilation I'm watching was a class overhead kick. We're going to win the league.

If Ba leaves Premier League to go to Turkey then f*** him just chasing money really, shows lack of ambition going there like

True, you would think he would be happy around the french speakers in squad and felt at home. Go to Turkey for racist abuse :) - how much more cash can he possibly want, you would think as a footballer you would want to play in best leagues.

He's still our player.