Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

A season or two ago in Norway, Stabæk sold a player and and option for another player for around £500,000. They divided it so 80% of the money was the option and 20% was for the player, to pay as little as possible to Nantes who were to recieve 50% of the transfer.

http://www.newsinenglish.no/2011/10/28/football-scandal-hits-clubs-stab%C3%A6k-and-valerenga/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veigar_P%C3%A1ll_Gunnarsson_transfer_2011

Wouldn't want us to go down that road..

If we don't go down that road, I'll be fuming. Fuck Douglases's's hangers on up their collective jacksee.

Those sell on clauses are just greed from other clubs in my opinion, if they get fucked out of them then so be it.

If your going to sell a player then sell him for how much you want, if you don't want to risk not getting more for your money in future then don't sell. You don't see clauses in transfers where the selling club has to pay the buying club if the transfer doesn't work out do you?

I mean it's a different case when it comes to smaller clubs who train their youngsters but thats why we now have the compulsory settlement fee now.

I'd be very happy if we could get both of these guys then either Debuchy or Clyne and a midfielder. It would be helpful if we could get someone who can play across the midfield from the wing to the centre. Jonas is weak with his final balls on the wing and is more effective in the centre but I'd honestly be happy to let him go if we got another player who is better than him.

:knuppel2:

Was checking a FC Twente forum and one of the posters indicated an interesting possibility with regards to the double deal scenario: considering the trouble with Douglas has been a number of representatives wanting a piece of the pie of any prospective deal, what if we're trying to tie up a double deal for let's say 18 million euros and make it 17,5 million for De Jong and 0,5 for Douglas? That would potentially leave these Douglas hanger-ons in the dark and could give the players and clubs the deal they want.

Would that be legal, never heard of that sort of deal happening in the past. Douglas's agents would be royally screwed if a deal like this was struck.

Can't see why it would be illegal. The hard part may be convincing Douglas about this course of action, depending on how formal his obligations are to these hanger-ons..

technically it would be fraud i think.

Why would it be fraud? Surely the selling and buying parties agree a fee; that's not up to the agent? Wonder how these sort of clauses work in a part exchange situation, or when the player and club decide to run a deal down..

deliberatly selling something under value to avoid other costs.

Who determines the value except for the buying and selling clubs?

just seems too easy. buy quality ineternational for 0.5mill and a youth team player who is represented by his dad for 15million, total deal 15.5mill ?

I'd be very happy if we could get both of these guys then either Debuchy or Clyne and a midfielder. It would be helpful if we could get someone who can play across the midfield from the wing to the centre. Jonas is weak with his final balls on the wing and is more effective in the centre but I'd honestly be happy to let him go if we got another player who is better than him.

This Jonas is weak argument  :lol: :D is a fantasy. Jonas will start a game a head of HBA and all other winger this club has. No one has the ability to work as hard as him. But people can play with their imagination until the start of the season.

Jonas is a great outlet and does indeed track back a lot, however his delivery/final ball is non-existent. I'd gladly sell him for someone who can do the same job as him with the addition of producing a delivery/final ball.

Guest bimpy474

Why does every thread descend into punning? ;D

It's taking Papiss.

Oh stop being a Cisse  :bluestar:

Jonas is a great outlet and does indeed track back a lot, however his delivery/final ball is non-existent. I'd gladly sell him for someone who can do the same job as him with the addition of producing a delivery/final ball.

I wouldn't want to sell him, especially if we're playing 4-3-3 whereby his final ball issue won't be as much of an issue.

Still don't buy it tbh.. with the way we work transfers bids are never made public unless they have been turned down or we are about to confirm a deal. That said could just be Twente playing silly buggers. Still think they are just trying to get other clubs to bid.

Things are happening :frantic:

Can imagine it getting quite long and tedious between our negotiators and Monstermunch.

things must be closeish for them to go over there, they can't be too far apart ?

Would be fucking furious if we sold Jonas (not that Pards would dream of it). He's limited in certain areas but invaluable in others, possession play as the primary example. He's important to the team when we've got 'luxury' players like Ben Arfa in there.

Would be f***ing furious if we sold Jonas (not that Pards would dream of it). He's limited in certain areas but invaluable in others, possession play as the primary example. He's important to the team when we've got 'luxury' players like Ben Arfa in there.

And he can play pretty much anywhere exluding CF\CB. One of the most important players for us, not in particular match but for whole season.

He is also the most fouled player in the premier league from last season.

Class stat. :lol:

I love his dying swan act and how referees still fall for it.

His timing is perfect when falling down. When he feels a touch he falls down. :lol: