Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Luuk obviously hasnt been introduced to our 'bidding' team. He shouldnt get his hopes up.

What team? There's no such team. No need for that. We don't buy. Our buying strategy is comparable to those "hippie" people that searches through the garbage from supermarkets looking for expired food that's still possible to eat...

Last January says hello.

I think Gomis suits Pardiola better though. De Jong would just get shafted out wide.

Yup

Nope, its the same old s**** on every page of the board.

Ok, I assume you have seen much of LdJ throughout his career, so you would know he has actually quite often played out wide or behind a central striker. Just in the past couple of months we have seen such a versatile forward (Gouffran) shunted out wide, for f***ing Shola Ameobi no less. There is a very real chance this is exactly what will happen again under Pardew. Less so with Gomis I believe, as I don't think he provides that versatility and is a more physical target man who holds the ball up, i.e. more in the Shola mould (only infinitely better). But obviously you will have seen loads of both LdJ and Gomis, so you will know better despite what's happening right in front of you at SJP.

Guest Roger Kint

Look out, massive over reaction from Mr Netherlands :lol:

It was purely the constant Pardew this, Pardew that shit man ffs

I think Gomis suits Pardiola better though. De Jong would just get shafted out wide.

Yup

Ok, I assume you have seen much of LdJ throughout his career, so you would know he has actually quite often played out wide or behind a central striker. Just in the past couple of months we have seen such a versatile forward (Gouffran) shunted out wide, for f***ing Shola Ameobi no less. There is a very real chance this is exactly what will happen again under Pardew. Less so with Gomis I believe, as I don't think he provides that versatility and is a more physical target man who holds the ball up, i.e. more in the Shola mould (only infinitely better). But obviously you will have seen loads of both LdJ and Gomis, so you will know better despite what's happening right in front of you at SJP.

He's not exactly a midget tbf.... ( De Jong this is btw) from what i have seen of him he holds the ball up well and good in the air as well as not being a total hack like Shola.

You'd obviously know better than me naturally, but i'd much rather see him alongside Remy than any of our current options tbh.

Yup

He's not exactly a midget tbf.... ( De Jong this is btw) from what i have seen of him he holds the ball up well and good in the air as well as not being a total hack like Shola.

You'd obviously know better than me naturally, but i'd much rather see him alongside Remy than any of our current options tbh.

So would I obviously. I just agree with TRC's original point that Gomis is much more suited than what Pardew would be looking for, in the same way that a lot of other attacking players would be. I mean, we can all see what the current situation is with regards to Shola (a big lump without ability nor talent), Gouffran (a hard working centre forward being played out wide whilst Shola is our preferred option centrally) and Ben Arfa (infinitely more talented than Shola and not even being played). I don't trust Pardew at all to set up an attractive attacking formation around somebody like Luuk de Jong.

Newcastle United sweat over loan bid for Dutch striker Luuk De Jong

10 Jan 2014 07:25

Newcastle United and Borussia Monchengladbach discuss loan fee for Luuk De Jong - but striker heads for training camp in Turkey for winter break

Newcastle United’s move for Luuk De Jong is riding on whether the Magpies and Borussia Monchengladbach can agree on a loan fee.

Sources in Germany have suggested the 23-year-old striker favours the move to Tyneside as he looks to get his career back on track after 18 months of struggle in the Bundesliga.

It is believed he does not want to take a big step down after leaving FC Twente with big ambitions.

United are now a third of the way through the transfer window and are yet to make a breakthrough when it comes to bringing new blood.

They have held discussions with Gladbach but are yet to agree a fee for a second-half-of- the-season loan deal.

Neither De Jong nor Gladbach are happy with the way things have worked out for the Dutch international after he arrived at the Bundesliga club for £12.6m in summer 2012.

That was after a move to Newcastle had been discussed then rejected by De Jong and his representatives when Magpies officials travelled to Holland.

Gladbach are eager to make sure they do not take a massive financial hit and want to recoup some of that huge fee by gaining a loan fee until the end of the season as well as agreeing a price.

However, given the fact De Jong has netted just six times in 23 Bundesliga games, the German side cannot afford to get ahead of themselves.

Newcastle, though, are not alone in the search for De Jong – both Stoke City and PSV Eindhoven are keen on his signature this January while AC Milan have also been credited with an interest in the Italian media. De Jong’s father George has held several talks with Gladbach sporting director Max Eberl in recent times.

He said: “He likes it very much at Borussia and in the team but he wants to play.

“Many clubs can see Luuk does not play.”

Borussia would sell De Jong on a permanent deal if the price was right, but Newcastle are keen to take him on loan first then see how the move pans out.

For now, though, the offer remains on the table and it was business as usual for the striker today.

De Jong was expected to join Gladbach on the flight from Dusseldorf to the Turkish resort of Belek for the German side’s winter training camp. He underwent the routine blood tests with Borussia and admitted he was preparing for the second half of the campaign.

De Jong said: “These values are important for the second half of the season.

“The training is designed for work.

“Ultimately, we want to be well prepared going into the second half to build on the good season so far.” With Loic Remy’s loan deal up at the end of the season and Shola Ameobi unlikely to be offered a new contract, the Magpies need a new centre-forward.

Queens Park Rangers chief Tony Fernandes is in no hurry to sell Remy and the striker is one of his favourite players according to sources at Loftus Road.

Fernandes would have no issue in welcoming Remy back with open arms at the end of the season if QPR gain promotion at the first time of asking.

With Harry Redknapp going on the record this week to state it could cost United £16million to bring the player to Tyneside, it would be hard to see Mike Ashley pulling off his most expensive ever transfer since taking over the club six years ago.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-sweat-over-loan-6489988?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Hope to fuck that is Graham Carr approaches de Jong and his representatives, he does so in the style of Inner Circle.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/60754000/jpg/_60754232_pa-13460913.jpg

I've been watchin' youuuuu,

A-Luuk de Luuk de Jong,

A Luuk de Luuk de Jong,

A Luuk de Luuk de Jong Jong de Jong Jong Jong.

I think given Graham's advanced years , he'll approach them in the style of ABC.

It's da Luuk

It's da Luuk

Da Luuk de Jong.

Hope to f*** that is Graham Carr approaches de Jong and his representatives, he does so in the style of Inner Circle.

A-Luuk de Luuk de Jong,

A Luuk de Luuk de Jong,

I think given Graham's advanced years , he'll approach them in the style of ABC.

It's da Luuk

It's da Luuk

Da Luuk de Jong.

Ahh, but look at the latest report posted above.  He's gonna make us sweat over the deal.  There's more to this song yet.

Hope to f*** that is Graham Carr approaches de Jong and his representatives, he does so in the style of Inner Circle.

A-Luuk de Luuk de Jong,

A Luuk de Luuk de Jong,

It's da Luuk

It's da Luuk

Da Luuk de Jong.

Ahh, but look at the latest report posted above.  He's gonna make us sweat over the deal.  There's more to this song yet.

I just hope we're gonna push it some more more more.

:thup:

Maybe get the God of Islam and the England T20 opening batsman involved too.

I knew this was too craptic :lol:

Maybe God in Islam + current so'ton captain + WBA forward

#forced

It's that last "u"  but immense kudos all the same :lol:

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/de-jongs-72-minutes-13-sub-appearances-worry-newcastle-de-jong-loan/

De Jong’s 72 Minutes In 13 Sub Appearances A Worry For Newcastle

by Graham Porter

A Luuk De Jong loan deal is still on the cards though the two clubs must come to an agreement on a half season loan fee.

While both De Jong and Borussia Monchengladbach are making all the right noises about the player still having a future at the German club, the facts suggest otherwise.

Even though De Jong managed six goals last season in seventeen matches, he was substituted in eleven of them.

This season it is a bit of a joke really, the way he has been treated.

Not starting a single match so far this season, the way the striker has been ‘used’ as a substitute must be seriously damaging his confidence.

De Jong has been brought off the bench on 13 occasions but has in total only played 72 minutes, not surprisingly he hasn’t managed a goal.

The last match against Wolfsburg, the forward was brought on three minutes into injury time and never touched the ball!

It would be a major surprise if Gladbach stood in the way of a player who obviously is seen as surplus to requirements but on the other hand, if Newcastle do go ahead with a deal it is hard to see De Jong hit the ground running after so little pitch time.

On the plus side he is still only 23 years old and in his final season in Holland, the striker scored 25 goals in 33 league appearances, showing there is definitely talent there.