Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

If Remy goes and we don't deem de Jong good enough. What two strikers do we sign? Who would be your top targets?

We'll probably need 3 if we don't sign either of those. Looking at the best part of £25m there...nee chance.

2 strikers and armstrong if we're very, very fucking lucky next season

Thought he did ok yesterday, few people around me thought he was shocking though. I thought his hold up and link up play was good but couple of times decent balls were crossed into the box and he showed no attacking desire to get on the end of them. You would think he'd be busting a gut to get on the end of a cross, especially the way he tracks back well for the team and shows desire there.

If you're an attacking player, one of the things that gets drummed into you from a young age is to finish the move, get into the position to score at least, from what I see LDG doesn't do this often enough and he is a blooody pro...

Summed up in one word: GASH

I'd still sign him now even though he hadn't scored. Think his goals will come, he's just not going to be prolific but he offers the team a lot and needs the right striker beside him. Thought Cisse's movement yesterday was world class stuff. Don't think he's the perfect partner for LDJ but he did his best.

I'd still sign him now even though he hadn't scored. Think his goals will come, he's just not going to be prolific but he offers the team a lot and needs the right striker beside him. Thought Cisse's movement yesterday was world class stuff. Don't think he's the perfect partner for LDJ but he did his best.

:lol: been at the optimism juice early this morning brett i see

If De Jong was going to cost anything over 3-4 million I would say sling it! Money could get us much better elswhere.

He does have great link up and holding play but I struggle to see anything else. We need a goal scorer as well as those attributes.

:lol: been at the optimism juice early this morning brett i see

When Anita picked the ball up, look back at the only player making runs...Cisse. He drawing his defenders left right and through the middle. Was constantly finding the right space to be in but either not being picked out or missing his chance. With more confidence, he could have had a hatrick yesterday. Still maintain there's a prolific goalscorer in him if we keep faith. A lot have turned on him but you could see after the match how much that goal meant to him, was a joy to see.

Guest Roger Kint

If Remy goes and we don't deem de Jong good enough. What two strikers do we sign? Who would be your top targets?

We'll probably need 3 if we don't sign either of those. Looking at the best part of £25m there...nee chance.

Gomis(free) someone for about £8m and a loan i would imagine we will do at the most.

We are going to need different types of strikers. If Shola goes then I think he's a decent target man option that won't cost much and is an improvement. The stuff about changing his game seems to ring true, in his first performance against the mackems he was making a lot of runs in behind defenders, he's far more static now and seems to be the guy to play it in to more than anything else. I still think it may be an adaption thing with him.

Also, no point using him as a link man if nobody's going to run past him. He often received the ball with players on his back and was expected to do something with it.

you're thinking too much pal, our approach to scoring goals doesn't extend beyond getting the ball to one player somewhere near the other goal and hoping he can do something with it

you're 100% right mind, either play crosses to de jong or get him to hold up and link with runners from midfield, don't fucking do neither :lol:

Also, no point using him as a link man if nobody's going to run past him. He often received the ball with players on his back and was expected to do something with it.

you're thinking too much pal, our approach to scoring goals doesn't extend beyond getting the ball to one player somewhere near the other goal and hoping he can do something with it

you're 100% right mind, either play crosses to de jong or get him to hold up and link with runners from midfield, don't f***ing do neither :lol:

Yep. I mean, the lad clearly has some more mental adjusting to do but it's no wonder he often passed back to other teammates yesterday as he had little in the way of options for flicks etc. He showed his abilities as a footballer against Hull, he's not going to produce goods on his own so you need to set things up in his favour, just like with Cisse.

I can't believe anyone would recommend signing him based on what we've seen so far. Even if our transfer budget wasn't restricted I wouldn't want him. Strikers need to score goals.

I can't believe anyone would recommend signing him based on what we've seen so far. Even if our transfer budget wasn't restricted I wouldn't want him. Strikers need to score goals.

I guess we'd only take him for a knock down price and take a gamble that he gets back to the player that Carr thought he could be. The words 'knockdown price' and 'gamble' being among Ashley's favourite words then it's a good bet we'll go for it if he's cheap.

Has to be Cisse and Gouffran at the moment, with Gouffran dropping deeper when we arent in possession. Play HBA as a right winger and Sissoko on the left tucked in a bit. Id rather see Haidara overlapping Sissoko than Dummett.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Most of the top scorers in the PL can conjure goals out of nothing that's why they score more than 10 a season. The days of strikers scoring tap ins or 1 yard screamers are over. Half of his goals will rely on our service but he'll have to work for the rest.