Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Making noises about wanting to stay. He will have to have a storming end to the season and actually score some goals for that to happen.

His substitution during the Man U game brought about a huge cheer from the crowd. Probably the loudest the crowd were during the whole game. It was definitely him being cheered off and not Ben Arfa being cheered on. The crowd cheered as de Jong made his way off the pitch.

I can't think why he'd want to stay. His time at Borussia Mönchengladbach must have been a living hell if he wants to stay at NUFC.

Making noises about wanting to stay. He will have to have a storming end to the season and actually score some goals for that to happen.

He might not score goals but he holds the ball up really well apparently. Although what use that is when there's no one within 20 yards of him most of the time I'm not sure. It's one of those clever tactical ploys which only professional managers understand I suspect.

He hasn't scored, he hasn't even looked like scoring. For a big bloke he's pushed off the ball far too easily and he doesn't seem particularly good in the air or very quick.

Not even Pardew would be daft enough to sign him up, surely?

Same Pardew that keeps picking Shola?

Would much rather have Siem. From the way Pardew's been playing Luuk de Jong in midfield he's probably got them mixed up.

A manager who hadn't heard of MYM when we signed him, this wouldn't surprise me at all.

He might not score goals but he holds the ball up really well apparently. Although what use that is when there's no one within 20 yards of him most of the time I'm not sure. It's one of those clever tactical ploys which only professional managers understand I suspect.

According to you 'proper football' doesn't include holding the ball up, anyway.

He's a tidy footballer but a very poor striker, it's that simple. Nowt to do with management.

According to you 'proper football' doesn't include holding the ball up, anyway.

He's a tidy footballer but a very poor striker, it's that simple. Nowt to do with management.

When did I say that? In any case the point is, even as a non-scoring striker, there's not much point in holding the ball up if there is no one making runs around him. How many times do you see more than one Newcastle player in the opposition penalty area?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/jack-colback-could-right-home-7000485

The Magpies also have a striker and a winger in mind to add to their squad, while a permanent move for Luuk De Jong also remains a distinct possibility.

Sources in Germany say there is already an agreement in place for the Borussia Monchengladbach striker.

While he has yet to score a goal for United since signing from the Bundesliga club, his lack of form could well ease the process for Newcastle.

"a permanent move for Luuk De Jong also remains a distinct possibility" is hopefully media bullshit.

"his lack of form could well ease the process for Newcastle"

He hasn't been in form since he left FC Twente in July 2012. I'm sure Borussia Mönchengladbach are desperate to get back as much of the €15 million they paid for Luuk De Jong as possible. They'd have more chance of that if they loaned him out to a Eredivisie team next season and hope he regains his form.

Wouldn't put it past the club to tell him to deliberately play badly to knock down his purchase price.

I suppose the more plausible explanation is that he hasn't been playing regularly for a long time and needs some match practice to get it going. Of course, it doesn't help that he's playing for the shittest team in the universe under a manager who turns everything he touches into dog poo.

For strikers who were good in the Eredivisie, Luuk de Jong has looked more like a Jozy Altidore/Afonso Alves/Mateja Kezman than a Ruud van Nistelrooy/Robin van Persie/Luis Suárez in the Premiership.

:lol: did that even need to be said?

For strikers who were good in the Eredivisie, Luuk de Jong has looked more like a Jozy Altidore/Afonso Alves/Mateja Kezman than a Ruud van Nistelrooy/Robin van Persie/Luis Suárez in the Premiership.

:lol: did that even need to be said?

Some crazy people still think he's worth buying. They point out his positives like "he has a good touch" and ignore or blame Pardew for his non-goal scoring qualities. I'm just hammering home the point that scoring a lot of goals in the Eredivisie doesn't always mean you can do the same elsewhere.