Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Can't wait until he gets his 1st goal for us, then he'll surely get bitten by the toon bug. Hopefully tomorrow night he'll get lucky and I can witness his tears of joy in person at st james

Remy has been a massive miss for us, so seeing these two work a partnership will be interesting

Think he will be a 20 goal a season player with 2 full seasons under his belt, and possibly a more attacking manager.

Given that we only play 2 cup games, that's highly unlikely. Or are you including friendlies?

I think he'd be lucky to get 10 a season.

He's played in 2 games in which we we're beaten 6-0 on aggregate. We should probably hold back on our judgement of how many goals he'll get a season.

:thup:

Looks ok as a player. Don't think he'll ever be a success but clearly has some footballing ability and it's always refreshing to see someone that can hold up a ball and do something with it unlike Shola.

He's played in 2 games in which we we're beaten 6-0 on aggregate. We should probably hold back on our judgement of how many goals he'll get a season.

Looks ok as a player. Don't think he'll ever be a success but clearly has some footballing ability and it's always refreshing to see someone that can hold up a ball and do something with it unlike Shola.

:lol:

Let's refrain from judging him, but he'll never be a success.

:lol:

Let's refrain from judging him, but he'll never be a success.

:laugh:

Papiss showed a couple of years ago if your movement's good enough pace isn't a necessity. LDJ doesn't seem quick over distance but I think he looks fine in bursts, see that Ameobi chance he set up vs. Chelsea. He seems to have a sharp brain, that's going to really help him - and us - if he keeps things simple.

It's nice to hear him sound positive about us. I wish Remy had the same attitude but he's playing it smart, to be fair to him.

He isn't quick at all which is a shame but then neither was RVN. If he can play with intelligence he could turn out well (here's hoping, anyway).

According to the opta stats he was our second fastest player behing Dummett on Saturday.

That's like being the least gammy leper