Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Guest reefatoon

He will have no joy here if we are intent on filling our midfield with graft.  The lad needs service, which means we need wingers.  I am sure he would be a great player for us (and grab goals) if we decide to bring in some wingers who can cross a ball for him.

He will have no joy here if we are intent on filling our midfield with graft.  The lad needs service, which means we need wingers.  I am sure he would be a great player for us (and grab goals) if we decide to bring in some wingers who can cross a ball for him.

Disagree, just need someone to dictate and control play from behind the forwards... Buy Cabella and convert him to a player a bit more like Valbuena (or hell play Marveaux there right?) and we can get away with packing the midfield with graft. That said if we were to do that a left footed fullback must be played.....

The key to this is that you get a winger and convert him to a 10 so he can drift and create space as there would not be much width etc.

Disagree, just need someone to dictate and control play from behind the forwards... Buy Cabella and convert him to a player a bit more like Valbuena (or hell play Marveaux there right?) and we can get away with packing the midfield with graft. That said if we were to do that a left footed fullback must be played.....

The key to this is that you get a winger and convert him to a 10 so he can drift and create space as there would not be much width etc.

us signing anyone... :-)

If Sissoko wasn't offside, he'd have had his first goal for us...

Also Loic Remy is the perfect partner for him -- pace and strength and a bit of unpredictability that is the perfect foil for someone like De Jong who has a really good footballing brain and touch.  If he's jumping about with his knock offs, lay-offs, headers and such; it'll be perfect for Loic.

It definitely had a Shearer, Bellamy feel about it, think it could really work, but for how long? I've resigned to Remy leaving and think he wouldn't be that great an acquisition without a Remy type player to play off him.

It definitely had a Shearer, Bellamy feel about it, think it could really work, but for how long? I've resigned to Remy leaving and think he wouldn't be that great an acquisition without a Remy type player to play off him.

:llorente?:

Remy / De Jong will not be a success as long as our preferred wide men are Sissoko and Gouffran, especially the latter.

They would definitely work well together, but who will/could be a success with the odd setups we utilise? If Pardew had Messi he'd be at left back or warming the bench ffs.

I think it's way too soon to say whether or not De Jong is going to be worth blowing the majority of our budget on.

f*** they ain't half got some work on in the summer. Idiots.

Arguably our best 3 windows under Ashley have came when there's been a lot of work on so you never know. January of the promotion season to get the players to see us make sure we went up, summer 2011 (Cabaye, Ba, etc) & last January.

Guest bimpy474

I think it's way too soon to say whether or not De Jong is going to be worth blowing the majority of our budget on.

f*** they ain't half got some work on in the summer. Idiots.

Arguably our best 3 windows under Ashley have came when there's been a lot of work on so you never know. January of the promotion season to get the players to see us make sure we went up, summer 2011 (Cabaye, Ba, etc) & last January.

True but i think we have hit a point of no return with Ashley. He has lost all interest in the club and as Pardew has said, Ashley does things that aren't in the best interest of the club itself. I think we've got to that point now, he wont allow to much spending no matter what damage is done long term.

Guest bimpy474

Aye i do believe that although it wasn't that long ago Ashley did have a slight percentage of wanting to do something then although i stress the word "slight".

Now he has no ambition to do anything and i mean ANYTHING.

Aye, unfortunately this is spot on.

Remember all of the good press the season we finished 5th? We had articles on the club, training ground, our staff, etc. It seemed like Ashley and Llambias had a plan and that we were going to go for sustained top 6-7 finishes with the opportunity to kick on and fight for our spots.  Then, the fucking guy, went the complete other way.

Ashley knows we need to sign a proper goal scorer.  Without one, we are likely to be involved in a relegation fight where he'll have to sack Pardew and sign a new striker anyway. 

To be certain of avoiding relegation we'll need a Loic Remy type signing.

Ched Evans must be due for release soon, he's possible too rapey though.