Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Guest bimpy474

I'm guessing Hull play 4-4-2 since they have Jelavic & Long? Might help us.

Well a 2 striker system anyway, they like to play 3 at the back too i have noticed.

Bruce changes it quite often depending on the opposition. Like Bruce me.

So do I

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/11/01/article-1325586-0BDA35E1000005DC-349_468x278.jpg

http://recom.org/remagv2/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/ReMag-Article-9-Ryan-Taylor.jpg

I seem to remember Birmingham beating us 1-5 from a league below in the cup, and Hull beating us this season.

So what if he did shit at Sunderland. Bruce's teams play better football than Pardew's. And please tell me when was the last time we scored 4 away goals in one game or 6 at home ?.

Ive seen enough. Sign him up, looked really good today.

I think he'll need to threaten the goal more before we make the decision to make it permanent. Difficult for any striker to show what they've got with such poor service though.

Looks a decent player, that's the best I can say about him based on his limited appearances.

Same. We looked miles better after he came on but the game was really stretched by that point anyway.

Still, I'd certainly play him ahead of Cisse.

Hope he's enjoying his holiday here at St James' Park. Not seen him break sweat once yet.

Because running around like a headless chicken = awesomeness

Yeah, because that's exactly what I said, innit.

We cannot seriously think about trying to sign this lad until he has at least scored a couple of goals. He has looked promising, and shows some decent touches but he will still cost a few million, and especially if Remy does go elsewhere, we need somebody to put the ball into the net. He should be fully fit by now, so needs to start a successive run of games, hopefully he can produce.

We cannot seriously think about trying to sign this lad until he has at least scored a couple of goals. He has looked promising, and shows some decent touches but he will still cost a few million, and especially if Remy does go elsewhere, we need somebody to put the ball into the net. He should be fully fit by now, so needs to start a successive run of games, hopefully he can produce.

If it was me and the chance was there, i'd sign him now. You need to be giving service to look a goal threat something he hasn't really been given but he's been excellent helping others be a goal threat which is just as vital imo. Was a tidy finish from him yesterday for his offside goal.

Looking forward to seeing him in a 2 with Remy from the start, could be a very dangerous partnership. Remy will thrive on playing next to him like Ba did with Shola and I'm sure De Jong will get more goals than Shola did.

I'd sign him up and would make it a priority to get a winger and a playmaker in. He's a good footballer with a solid touch, good movement and seemingly possesses a footballing brain. On top of that, he's also a flexible striker in that he could partner one of Remy, Gouffran or Cisse as well as playing as a lone front man. If we actually invested in a proper winger - or two - and a playmaker, I think he could be a really useful asset that would score goals and contribute a lot in general play.

This boy definitely has talent and I reckon he could go either way at SJP. IF he had someone like KK or Shearer coaching him(both having been top notch forwards) I reckon he could be a great acquisition as soon as he got used to the PL - he has good control, can deliver a decent pass and has enough physique to be a threat to defences. He does seem to lack a bit of pace but he could make up for this with his other attributes...still young too. Took the chance he was given very well even though disallowed and did really well in dispossessing Vlaar and setting up Remy with a gilt-edged chance.

Under Pardew, though.......its anyone's guess...