Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

I like him.

He's never going to burst the line and score a wonder goal, but I think he's by far the most intelligent forward at the club. I think he's learning he won't have a great deal of time on the ball, so it's important to be reactionary. Helped construct some nice little moves and seems very good in the air. Alongside Remy I think you could forge a very low rent version of Henry and Bergkamp.

I like him.

He's never going to burst the line and score a wonder goal, but I think he's by far the most intelligent forward at the club. I think he's learning he won't have a great deal of time on the ball, so it's important to be reactionary. Helped construct some nice little moves and seems very good in the air. Alongside Remy I think you could forge a very low rent version of Henry and Bergkamp.

Just in time for Remy to FO to a decent club?

Not a great team to be joining if you're a goal shy striker short on confidence. Feel for the lad.

This - it was clear to me from the recorded Foxtel coverage that the majority of players have  either given up because they know the club is satisfied wit just staying in the PL or that they are not playing for Pardew....either way, its a terrible situation for a loan striker to be dropped in to because

he will get very little support.

If and when he leaves , he will take away some bad tales about NUFC unless things change pretty quickly and not many of us can see THAT happening.

Like most strikers, he'll do better with the ball coming to his feet rather than long balls hoofed to his head. Remy likes to keep the ball down and burst forward, so hopefully they can keep it down and work some nice 1-2s together.

It's the fault of the rest of the team for hoofing it and failing to keep the ball on the floor, hence why he couldn't do anything with it last night.

He'd have looked wonderful during our good run tbh.

He needs a Remy or Gouffran playing off him or near him versus the 1 paced Cisse. Remy's movement is intelligent and I could see De Jong's general play being exactly what Loic needs.

I actually think he and Cisse could be quite a decent pairing. Not as good as with one of Remy or Gouffran but still decent, it would just be massively dependent on midfield service though. I do feel sorry for de Jong, he's obviously got quality as a footballer but he's having to adapt to a new league in a woefully uncreative side that has extremely limited wide service.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Doesn't seem to be particularly good at anything or poor at anything so I guess that makes him average...

He does seem good in the air and yesterday nearly got a headed assist . No physical strength to hold up the ball but with his good leap could be vital in our set pieces

Doesn't seem to be particularly good at anything or poor at anything so I guess that makes him average...

He does seem good in the air and yesterday nearly got a headed assist . No physical strength to hold up the ball but with his good leap could be vital in our set pieces

Floated set penis to De Jong at the back post.  Willo to smash in a volley from the knockdown.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Floated set penis to De Jong at the back post.  Willo to smash in a volley from the knockdown.

Still better than Cisse  :lol:

Still better than Cisse  :lol:

Hven't seen a thing yet that should convince me he is better than league 1 level... Still willing him to come good but jesus the intial signs ain't too promising.

He must be wondering why the hell he came here. I have no idea how good he is but the way we are playing isn't going to give him any chance to shine.

There is collective blame for what is happening on the pitch, no one player should be singled out, not Saylor, not Sammy, collectively, last night, there wasn't a team.