Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Guest neesy111

He did nothing today to convince me NUFC should buy him. Did he have a shot today?

Had a few that were blocked IIRC.

He did nothing today to convince me NUFC should buy him. Did he have a shot today?

The big question is, can he shoot?

Cant remember seeing him hit a decent shot on goal since he came here.

Back to your question, he cleared the ball over their goal after the Cisse chance.

Don't think he was that bad today he linked the play well some nice one twos etc.

He's clearly a link player who could probly play in the hole, to get the best out of him we need players moving in advance of him exploiting the space he's created

He wasn't a link player in the Netherlands, he was a striker. If he is no longer a striker then he is of no use to us. We have more than enough players who offer no goal threat. His link up play didn't create many (any?) chances today did it?

Let's face it, he has played against Fulham and Crystal Palace and not looked like scoring. If he can't look like scoring against teams from the bottom of the Premiership I doubt he'll do it against the better teams.

As for seeing him play when we play two proper wide men, we haven't got two proper wide men.

He wasn't a link player in the Netherlands, he was a striker. If he is no longer a striker then he is of no use to us. We have more than enough players who offer no goal threat. His link up play didn't create many (any?) chances today did it?

Let's face it, he has played against Fulham and Crystal Palace and not looked like scoring. If he can't look like scoring against teams from the bottom of the Premiership I doubt he'll do it against the better teams.

He's being asked to defend more, that's hardly going to help his natural game is it?

Don't think he was that bad today he linked the play well some nice one twos etc.

He's clearly a link player who could probly play in the hole, to get the best out of him we need players moving in advance of him exploiting the space he's created

Not a hope he could play in the hole. Every time he dropped off into space to receive the ball he immediately passed it straight back. He showed no flair

As for seeing him play when we play two proper wide men, we haven't got two proper wide men.

He created a very good chance for Cisse in the first half and occupied defenders with some good hold play.

We need a player who can link the midfield the attack as Pardew has been employing two midfielder who stay deep throw in our deep defensive line and it creates a gulf between midfield and attack

He's being asked to defend more, that's hardly going to help his natural game is it?

In what way is he being asked to defend though? Come back to defend corners? I don't understand how a striker/forward "defends more" apart from set pieces.

He didn't say on the bit that I heard, he just said that he was being asked to do more defensively.  It seems to be our default setting for all of our players as we are obsessed with defending before anything.

We need a player who can link the midfield the attack as Pardew has been employing two midfielder who stay deep throw in our deep defensive line and it creates a gulf between midfield and attack

We do need a link up player. Maybe Sissoko or Marveaux could play that role with Ben Arfa on the right. NUFC won't be spending £8m of our transfer budget on Luuk de Jong to be a link up player though. If NUFC have £8m to spend on a link up player I'm sure we could get a player who would provided more of a goal threat and creativity than Luuk de Jong.