Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Guest reefatoon

He's been fucking crap, but I am hoping that the ultimate personality that is Pardew can sort him out as he does have a great record with strikers you know. He said so himself.

Looks an intelligent player tbh, just not scoring which isn't a surprise with how we set up. I wouldn't be eager for us to spend what is likely to be our entire transfer budget on him but if we were a relatively normal team with a half decent manager I think he would be a good addition.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

His main problem is that he drops too deep to receive the ball. Someones got to tie him to a pole in the opposition's half

Looks an intelligent player tbh, just not scoring which isn't a surprise with how we set up. I wouldn't be eager for us to spend what is likely to be our entire transfer budget on him but if we were a relatively normal team with a half decent manager I think he would be a good addition.

:thup: Pretty much what i'm thinking. He's not as bad as people are making out already. Think he'll look a lot better if he got a run in the side with Remy for his partner, think them two could link up well. Saying this though, building a strike partnership of loans who odds of signing are slim seems utterly pointless for the rest of the season :lol: Let's just stick with Cisse  :laugh:

Guest tollemache

It's hard to judge him when the team as a whole is playing as badly as we are. We're not creating chances so he's not going to score, but if you look at the glimpses of decent linkup play and then adjust for the level of performance of the team as a whole, bearing in mind the leaden movement going on around him and the predictable service he's getting, you could argue he's doing pretty well.

Guest chopey

He is just average, average pace, average jumping, average control, average heading, average hold up play.

He'll never make it here when the manager uses him in such a simplistic way. I think his athleticism will always hinder him in this country and using him as some sort of battering ram with no movement around him just isn't going to work. He's a technically decent footballer who likes to keep it simple, you play to that by using him as the link man on the deck with players running beyond him. Some sort of delivery from midfield is a necessity too.

I feel sorry for him. Come to the club low on confidence and his shot comes when we're in an absolutely abysmal period where half the team appear to have completely shut down for September and the manager is suffering from psychosis. He's a better player than he's currently showing, I'm certain of that.

During the warm up before the game people were cheering when he scored a few goals. It's a shame he never looked like scoring during the actual game.

My advice to Luuk de Jong would be for him to try to get a move back to the Eredivisie in the Summer.

He'll never make it here when the manager uses him in such a simplistic way. I think his athleticism will always hinder him in this country and using him as some sort of battering ram with no movement around him just isn't going to work. He's a technically decent footballer who likes to keep it simple, you play to that by using him as the link man on the deck with players running beyond him. Some sort of delivery from midfield is a necessity too.

I feel sorry for him. Come to the club low on confidence and his shot comes when we're in an absolutely abysmal period where half the team appear to have completely shut down for September and the manager is suffering from psychosis. He's a better player than he's currently showing, I'm certain of that.

Yep, I won't be judging him too harshly given the current conditions. The team being set up as it is gives him nothing to work with at all.

I've honestly payed so little attention to us since he's arrived that I can barely even remember a touch of the ball from him, good or bad, to even make a meaningful  comment on him. That's never happened before like, for us to have a player and me genuinely not having a clue what he's fucking like, games are just passing me by.

I've honestly payed so little attention to us since he's arrived that I can barely even remember a touch of the ball from him, good or bad, to even make a meaningful  comment on him. That's never happened before like, for us to have a player and me genuinely not having a clue what he's f***ing like, games are just passing me by.

Was thinking the same earlier.

Guest neesy111

I've honestly payed so little attention to us since he's arrived that I can barely even remember a touch of the ball from him, good or bad, to even make a meaningful  comment on him. That's never happened before like, for us to have a player and me genuinely not having a clue what he's fucking like, games are just passing me by.

Good post, hans.