Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Guest Recoba

How much did Liverpool pay for Kuyt years ago? About the same level as that would be a fair fee surely.

I think the whole fact they are reporting a bid not an accepted bid signifies it wont be accepted.  Whole thing seems dubious though. Not the way we usually do business. Normally we hear little until it is done.

These bid rumors work for both clubs.. Twente use our longstanding interest to drum up bids from other clubs, we force Demba Ba's hand on whether he is staying or not, could be argued it could push Demba further out the door though.

Well, this is an interesting development. A strikeforce of Ba, Cissé, de Jong, Shola (and possibly) Best would definitely be a formidable one :drool:

Still definitely see de Jong as an addition, not a replacement btw. We're clearly planning on covering Cissé's/Ba's absence next January and well, when your alternative options are Shola/Best, you definitely need reinforcements!

I think the whole fact they are reporting a bid not an accepted bid signifies it wont be accepted.  Whole thing seems dubious though. Not the way we usually do business. Normally we hear little until it is done.

These bid rumors work for both clubs.. Twente use our longstanding interest to drum up bids from other clubs, we force Demba Ba's hand on whether he is staying or not, could be argued it could push Demba further out the door though.

Alternatively it tells other clubs that we have £10m to spend on the right player.

Well, this is an interesting development. A strikeforce of Ba, Cissé, de Jong, Shola (and possibly) Best would definitely be a formidable one :drool:

Still definitely see de Jong as an addition, not a replacement btw. We're clearly planning on covering Cissé's/Ba's absence next January and well, when your alternative options are Shola/Best, you definitely need reinforcements!

10m seems a bit much to spend on someone who wont be a certain starter tbh..... unless Ashley has gone nuts of course.

Its good to see us putting in good offers for players this summer instead of messing around looking for free transfers or cheap players. We have done some good deals on players such as Ba and cabaye in the past, but it is good to see that pardew knows that to progress evan further, we will have to spend decent money to get to the next level.

Seems a lot of money for a player we don't necessarily need. Reckon we'll go with 4-4-2 again for most of next season if he signs.

Losing Cisse and Ba again is going to bite us on the arse next season because the Europa League knockout stages start in February. Best and Shola, who are poor as a duo anyway, playing all those games in that short space of time could hurt our season.

Probably didn't word that well, I meant need as in need a £9m striker when maybe the money could be better allocated elsewhere and less money spent on a striker.

Fair enough, but then i return to an earlier debate in the thread. If we can afford it, then i say fucking go for it tbh. I don't think our financial blueprint caters for slapdash spending; they'll know how much needs allocating to respective positions.

I disagree. Not slapdash but when there is value in the market I think we'll look to make moves regardless of how much they're needed (see Gosling/Marveux/Santon to an extent IMO). Obviously £9m is a little different to these though.

I do think if the finance is there we should be hoying it about, this preseason is our best chance in a long time to attract some quality players.

I don't really see what you disagree with. If De Jong is in our budget, then i don't see any reason not to sign him. If it was at the expense of a full-back and a centre-back, i'd rather we didn't - but i can't see that being the case at all.

10m seems a bit much to spend on someone who wont be a certain starter tbh..... unless Ashley has gone nuts of course.

I really hope Ashley has lost his shit and is just bidding for players left right and centre

Good point but can still see some sort of rotational policy next season.

Guest taps01

Can't see this one happening. Never seen him play so can't say wether we are be tight or they are being greedy.  Those  of you that have seen him play would you bid beyond £10mil?

I really hope Ashley has lost his s*** and is just bidding for players left right and centre

There has to be a balance... it's ok spending money on the right players but we need keep a stranglehood on our finances in the pursuit of success we cant go nuts.... we tried doing that under Shepherd and it did'nt exactly prove fruitful.

Also what is it with The Mail and our transfers? does Pardew work for them or something  :laugh:

Agree with madras about walking away if they knock this one back (provided it's true obviously). They know it's £9.5m upfront straight away and if they think they can get a better deal for him then good luck to them.

Just have to see how it all pans out.

Where are we getting this money from? :frantic:

Extra TV money on top of our initial budget.

Eh? That's not with us for another year yet. Do you really see this lot borrowing money from the future after all the slagging off they've done of that idea?

Eh? That's not with us for another year yet. Do you really see this lot borrowing money from the future after all the slagging off they've done of that idea?

Pardew said the extra money was going to 'arm us' a bit more, a couple days ago. :dontknow:

Pardew said the extra money was going to 'arm us' a bit more, a couple days ago. :dontknow:

Yeah, when we have it. I know it's guaranteed income (as long as we don't go down!) but I still don't see us spending more now than we actually have.

Guest BooBoo

I am tempted to insert a cliche at this point. Hmmmm, think I'll go with:

"Seems that at last the penny's dropped for Ashley."

dutch reports we have upped the bid to 12 million euros but Twente want 18 million euros !!!

http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/4562/Voetbal/article/detail/3274741/2012/06/21/TT-Newcastle-verhoogt-bod-op-De-Jong-Sparta-wil-Buijs.dhtml

Isn't there a quote from Twente saying they want 15 million Euro's.  Which Sky Sports News mistook for £15m, which Dutch media have now translated to 18m Euro's :lol:

I hope so anyway, because we won't be paying 18m Euro's for him, nor should we.