Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Obviously disappointed we didn't sign de Jong however if we sign debuchy douglas and hoilett I'd be happy and excited. Add Anita and I'd be very very happy. The development players seem promising too.

Krul

Debuchy. Taylor. Colo. jonas

Ben arfa.  Tiote.  Cabaye. Hoilett

Cisse.  Ba

Or

Krul

Debuchy. Taylor. Colo. Santon

Cabaye Tiote  Jonas

Ben arfa.                  Hoilett

Cisse

I think maybe just maybe since everyone is back for training that Demba has indicated he is staying so we backed off going for De Jong..

No. More likely we baulked at their ridiculous asking price.

I think maybe just maybe since everyone is back for training that Demba has indicated he is staying so we backed off going for De Jong..

...or maybe he saw Gladbach as a better move.

Even Gladbach are having difficulty agreeing a fee.

Guest Wally_McFool

Only 70 miles away from Enschede anarl....

I think it's this tbh, practically all the media seem to be stating that he was being bought in addition to Ba and not a replacement..... although i initially felt differently at first i dont think Ba had anything to do with De Jong.

We have moved away because of the price.

Guest firetotheworks

Quite frankly I'm proud to have been linked with a player that will go on to grace Monchengladbach. It's better that he went straight there and didn't bother using as the middle-man on his path to rightousness. In fact, I think I'll just start supporting them.

Decent move for him. Very likeable club who play some very tidy stuff, look forward to seeing them in the Champions League.

Read that Favre turned down a move somewhere else t'other day. Look to be heading back towards the glory days.

dan_bu ‏@dan_bu

Expect de Jong to Gladbach to go through next week for a fee around €12m + add-ons, despite Twente's "change of mind" now.

McClaren is a c*nt quite frankly, we offered €14m upfront and it was rejected  :rolleyes:

dan_bu ‏@dan_bu

Expect de Jong to Gladbach to go through next week for a fee around €12m + add-ons, despite Twente's "change of mind" now.

McClaren is a c*nt quite frankly, we offered €14m upfront and it was rejected  :rolleyes:

It was reported that we did, who knows. I am sure if we had the highest bid, it would have been accepted.

Depends on the add-ons I suppose.  Could be 'If his name begins with L at the start of the season, extra £5m, if he is still a man at christmas, another £5m'  Guess we'll probably never know for sure, best just to move on to the next one.

Does not want to come here anyway

quite possibly would if the choices were different. given here or stopping at twente do you think he'd stay ?

Whey, yes, hypothetically. But given a toss up between us and Germany, he said he wanted to go to Germany.

Does not want to come here anyway

quite possibly would if the choices were different. given here or stopping at twente do you think he'd stay ?

http://www.espnstar.com/football/bundesliga/news/detail/item825638/Toon-target-De-Jong-wants-Gladbach-move/

Toon target De Jong wants Gladbach move

Twente striker Luuk de Jong, who has been linked with a move to Newcastle United, has revealed he only wants to join Bundesliga side Borussia Monchengladbach.

By ESPNSTAR.com staff

The 21-year-old, who has been at Twente since 2009, has made no secret of his desire to leave the Eredivisie outfit this summer, and has no shortage of suitors after an impressive campaign in Netherlands' top flight.

However, while it has been Newcastle that De Jong has been linked to the most recently, the player has revealed he has sets his sights on moving to Germany, after having a series of discussions with Gladbach coach Lucien Favre.

"I have spoken to Favre several times," the Dutch international told Bild. "We talked about how he wanted me to play. I'm sure his philosophy fits perfectly with the fast game that suits me.

"I've told Twente that I only want to go to Gladbach. Borussia are playing in the qualifying round of the Champions League, and it's best for me to take the next step in my career.

"The Bundesliga is one of the best leagues in Europe. I need to go there in order to take the next step with the national team."

De Jong was part of Netherlands ill-fated squad that failed to get past the group stages at Euro 2012, but did not make a single appearance in Poland and Ukraine.

It's all a moot argument at the end of the day because Twente rejected all our offers, even if he wanted to come here he couldn't because of Twente's stance on the situation.

It's also quite obvious Gladbach playing in the CL had a huge say in his decision. He would also be a certain starter for Gladbach which wouldn't be the case here.