Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

€20m?!  Fucking hell, absolutely scandalous that.  Twente's home kit next season;

http://i.istockimg.com/file_thumbview_approve/14591030/2/stock-illustration-14591030-cartoon-robber.jpg

Black and white strips, getting tons of money for a unproven striker, it seems familiar :shifty:

Deal agreed at about £16m with Borussia Monstermunch according to Sky.

Wow, I really thought they were just talking big, but they've actually gotten the fee they wanted, £16m that's mental!

Daft money. Glad we've stayed away.

Insane money. Would rather have Carroll back for £12m.

I'd rather pay 16m for De Jong than pay 12m for Carroll tbh.

I wouldn't. The cheaper option is much more proven at this level. The point about bringing in players from leagues like the Eredivisie is that they provide better price vs quality. Luuk de Jong at 16 million doesn't quite frankly.

I wouldn't. The cheaper option is much more proven at this level. The point about bringing in players from leagues like the Eredivisie is that they provide better price quality. Luuk de Jong at 16 million doesn't quite frankly.

Spot on.

I wouldn't. The cheaper option is much more proven at this level. The point about bringing in players from leagues like the Eredivisie is that they provide better price vs quality. Luuk de Jong at 16 million doesn't quite frankly.

While all that is true, at least De Jong has the versatility to fit different systems and actually has the potential to be worth that amount of money.

While Carroll is just a huge waste at 12m especially when you consider he isn't much more than a rotation option.

I wouldn't do either deals personally, but if i was backed into a corner and i had to make one of those deals i'd take the De Jong one.

While all that is true, at least De Jong has the versatility to fit different systems and actually has the potential to be worth that amount of money.

While Carroll is just a huge waste at 12m especially when you consider he isn't much more than a rotation option.

I wouldn't do either deals personally, but if i was backed into a corner and i had to make one of those deals i'd take the De Jong one.

Carroll was worth 3 times that amount one and a half year ago man. That's not opinion, it's fact. And most of us on here thought we got the short straw in that deal too, at the time..

At the end of the day we know what we are getting with Carroll in every way. A lot of the players know him, the staff know him. While we have extensively scouted DeJong he would be at least a big a risk as Carroll if not bigger.

I like the idea of DeJong being able to play out wide but how good is he actually at playing out there and how much has he played out there? I thought he spent all of last central. We have a bit of depth out wide although after being linked with players like Belhanda I would like another player of Ben Arfa's level on the other side.

Carroll was worth 3 times that amount one and a half year ago man. That's not opinion, it's fact. And most of us on here thought we got the short straw in that deal too, at the time..

Well you can argue that whatever someone is willing to pay is what a players worth but I still wouldn't say its fact that he was worth £35m just because Liverpool were stupid enough to pay it.  Also I think only the rarest of crazies on here thought that £35m for Andy Carroll wasn't a fantastic fee as long as it was used to improve us (which it was).

Guest palnese

It wasn't a great deal at the time, imo. We got Shefki fucking Kuqi in as his replacement.

I'm aware of the fact that we actually did better pointwise without him in the 2nd half of the season, but at the time it was a minor disaster.