Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Even a traffic cone would do better than Cisse this season  :lol: . Just stay onside and win some headers and knockdowns, link up a bit with Remy and Gouffran

He's a big tall lad but from that one time, he wasn't putting it about at all. Wijnaldum or something was very impressive.

It was basically that for the whole under 21 tournament in the summer. Wijnaldum superb amongst a couple of other classy midfielders then the plank up front who didn't really do anything. Really hope he was just in poor form or something then, think he did manage to grab one goal at somepoint.

Guest reefatoon

Cisse has about as much use as sticking a pole in the pitch and hoping if you kick the ball against it might deflect in.

Under Pardew he's useless, so anyone who approaches the level of useful will be an improvement.

That pole sounds like a replacement for Shola.

If he's strong with his back to goal i really can't see the point to this.

Can't really remember tbh, just remember watching him and thinking we've dodged a 12 million pound bullet with this lad. He was breaking down his teams attacks rather than being on the end of them :lol:

Can't really remember tbh, just remember watching him and thinking we've dodged a 12 million pound bullet with this lad. He was breaking down his teams attacks rather than being on the end of them :lol:

Just like Cisse.

But tbh, I like the idea of De Jong. I would even take a prime Dirk Kuyt type player if we could sign Remy permanently. Just looked at his wiki and Dirk Kuyt has 98 bloody caps for Netherlands.

Sorry Brett, i meant 'unless he's strong with his back to goal'.

I really haven't seen him myself.

I'm coming to the conclusion that the only Pardew will play attacking players like HBA is if there's a guy he feels confident the ball can stick to up top. Give the midfielders and defenders the option of a ball a forward can control and bring other players into the attack. If De Jong can't do that then i see no point. Will just be another player given to Pardew that he doesn't really want.

perfect pardew striker then no?  gameplan goes back to front football electroball or whatever it was, i.e. ping it into de jong the moment we get it, he immediately loses possession and thus the midfield and defence don't have time to lose shape by trying to score goals

0-0 our way to 38 points and pray to krishna it's enough to stay up every season

job done

I'd still take De Jong now, but i wouldn't go higher than 8 million. That's why couldn't understand people making a big fuss of our bid of million pound loan then 6 million fee int he summer. Think that's a reasonable sort of price for him.

depends how much they want rid brett, if they don't care are willing to give him time then they can demand what they want...if they want shot they'll be lucky to get 6m

market-wise aye he's worth a lot less than the 12m they paid, in the same way cisse is probably a 5m striker now...but considering any potential buyers know we've broke him and he's finished with us we'll probably get bids of 1m :lol:

Wiki says 39 goals in 76 matches.  I wouldn't say that 1 goal every 2 games is great by Dutch standards?

25 goals in 32 matches in his last season at the age of 21 looks prolific to me.

Sorry Brett, i meant 'unless he's strong with his back to goal'.

I really haven't seen him myself.

I'm coming to the conclusion that the only Pardew will play attacking players like HBA is if there's a guy he feels confident the ball can stick to up top. Give the midfielders and defenders the option of a ball a forward can control and bring other players into the attack. If De Jong can't do that then i see no point. Will just be another player given to Pardew that he doesn't really want.

I agree. For forwards who make runs into space for their goals, you need good supply from out wide, and of our 4 wide players who usually start, only Debuchy actually provides this, which means the strikers have to operate on 25% of the supply that strikers from the top clubs would get. For our current set up you really need a strong target man who can hold the ball up and compete in the air for the high balls which we still launch as our main supply to the striker.

Newcastle United aim for Luuk de Jong transfer progress

21 Jan 2014 08:49

Newcastle United's focus is on clinching a deal for Borussia Monchengladbach forward Luuk de Jong

Newcastle United hope to push through a loan move for striker Luuk de Jong in time to hand him a debut at Norwich a week today.

Despite claims from across the Channel of an agreement being reached for long-term United target Remy Cabella, The Journal understands that De Jong remains the priority target and their attention will be focused on clinching a deal for the Borussia Monchengladbach forward in the next seven days.

Terms have been agreed for the switch but the German club – who want to secure a replacement before allowing him to leave – are looking for more assurances from Newcastle before sanctioning the deal. Those hurdles should be cleared in the next seven days, which would provide United boss Alan Pardew with a timely boost ahead of a run of fixtures that could define the Magpies’ campaign.

But as Newcastle look to make progress on the De Jong front this week, they have yet to table a formal offer for Montpellier’s talented playmaker Cabella.

That is despite claims in France that a deal has been agreed which would see Cabella join Newcastle in the summer – perhaps with a view to replacing Yohan Cabaye.

United have a long-term interest in Cabella, who is rated at around £12.3million by the Ligue 1 club, but believe that the latest round of quotes from France represent Montpellier trying to drum up interest in their star asset.

Responding to weekend reports that Newcastle were set to strike a deal for the player this month, Montpellier’s president Laurent Nicollin was quoted saying it was “certain” that he would remain in France until the close season. He later issued a clarification, saying he was happy to discuss a deal in the summer.

As Newcastle look to bring in recruits there was a fresh round of speculation surrounding the future of Cabaye, who jetted out with the rest of the squad on the club’s sunshine break in Abu Dhabi.

He was heavily linked with Paris Saint Germain over the weekend but The Journal understands that there has been no contact from the French side. Even so, Newcastle are aware that their star asset will attract interest and have drawn up a list of alternative options if the France schemer does leave.

“It would be good to recruit a player in the heart of the game, to have an extra player in midfield,” he said. “We need a player who has the same mentality as the others when they are playing or on the bench. He must love to play.

“He must be technically good and be tough, and whether this player comes or does not come, there will be competition in all positions.

“I’ve been saying for a month and a half – and the injury to Adrien makes it more urgent – that we need an extra player in midfield.”

Blanc was then quizzed on Cabaye specifically. He said: “I ask myself. I know the man. He has that character, but there are others.

“We are very happy with this team, but with all the competitions in which we are engaged we must be aware there will be issues, as we have seen with Adrien Rabiot.”

Meanwhile, Pardew headed for the club’s sunshine break having pin-pointed extra training ground time as the main reason for their away-day improvement. Saturday was United’s sixth away win of the campaign. He said: “The difference is I know I keep banging on about it is that with the squad that we have, the size of the squad, it is working the first team.

“We had no Europa League last week obviously and you get that little extra rest and you get that extra work on the training ground.

“We really focused on our three midfield players this week to dominate that area and I thought that came through, we were terrific in the first half particularly.”

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-aim-luuk-de-6532195

Guest Haris Vuckic

'Aiming for transfer progress'

'on the verge of making a bid'

'contemplating the possibility of perhaps thinking over the idea of a bid, maybe after the pub'

Just sign someone yee quims ;D