Douglas

BONTEMPI

my problem with london was always the balance of utter cunts/normal people/great people...was always out of whack wherever i went and met people

if you live and work somewhere with a decent balance i see no reason london couldn't be great if you have the money

i currently work with a few londoners and they're among the nicest people i've ever met and worked with, then there's another one on a different shift who is a posterboy for london cuntishness but he's outnumbered so it's not so bad

on another london(ish) note a mate at work was telling me friends in his street rented their house out for 2 weeks during the olympics, 4-5 bed place in richmond he said....they got 10,000 for the fortnight :lol:

As it stands I'd rate the window 6.5/10.

Another two signings, keep a hold of the blue chip brigade and we'll be set up for a pretty good season.

6.5 seems low. If we were told in May/April that we have only lost Guthrie and Best at this point of the window everybody would've been ecstatic.

FB/striker/CB on that order for me. If we could somehow get even just Debuchy I would be over the moon and consider this window 9/10. Cheick will knock Senegal out and we have Perchinho.  :pow:

Fulham seem to be on a similar course to Portsmouth few years ago. Small time southern based club over-spending to punch above their weight in the short term. Unfortunately that only works if you have Abramovich as a billionaire sugar daddy beyond a certain period of time. If we lose the odd player to clubs run like this there's not much we can do about it, it's the market at work in short term speculative bullshit mode.

Guest ThievingMagpie

We have pretty good cover at CB with Perch, Williamson and Good/Tavernier being cover, full back I'm worried for, we only have Perch and Tavernier as cover and I'd rather Simpson be cover then starting but I doubt Debuchy is coming.

I really want another striker in though but anyone that's about 22-25 and worth buying are going to be incredibly expensive to buy so that leaves us with hoping Sammy comes good and crossing fingers that Campbell breaks into the team this year rather then next.

Dutch newspaper Algemeen Dagblad reporting today that Douglas to Fulham is a done deal. The move will be done next week when the 5 year deadline has passed.. :(

De Telegraaf on the other hand are quoting Twente chairman Munsterman as saying they haven't received a bid from Fulham and any reports about a fee being agreed are false.. :)

Wonder if Perch doing well at the weekend has made us more content with our CB options. They may see it as Williamson being a mainstay in a side that got us our biggest CS total in prem history & hes 4th Choice if Perch is getting in ahead of him now against sides like Spurs and playing like that.

Wonder if Perch doing well at the weekend has made us more content with our CB options. They may see it as Williamson being a mainstay in a side that got us our biggest CS total in prem history & hes 4th Choice if Perch is getting in ahead of him now against sides like Spurs and playing like that.

I'd guess if one of Taylor/Colo is injured then Perch and Willo would be swapped depending on who we play. Perch against Defo made much better sense than Willo. However, Willo will play if we're up against a taller strike partnership (see Nowrich).

I'd guess if one of Taylor/Colo is injured then Perch and Willo would be swapped depending on who we play. Perch against Defo made much better sense than Willo. However, Willo will play if we're up against a taller strike partnership (see Nowrich).

You've just brought back painful memories of the Simpson Perch partnership  :huff:

Agreed. Perch is decent back up for Colo, but wouldn't want to see the both of them up against somebody like Adebayor or Carroll. Colo (Perch) and Taylor (Williamson) for now. We will get by without another centre back, definitely, but if we want to really challenge for CL and compete in all the cups this season bringing in somebody like Douglas for a reasonable fee would make sense, especially as he might have plenty of resale value if he lives up to his potential in the Premiership, making him a typical Ashley signing.

FC Twente official Aldo van der Laan has claimed in an interview with local TV station RTV Oost (last Wednesday) that they have not received any bids for Douglas yet, but negotiations are ongoing with Fulham and NUFC and the player's agents are in the country (unclear whether that refers to NL or England). They expect something to happen next week (needs to play in NL this weekend to officially be eligible for the NL national team. Telegraaf are reporting today that FC Twente will only get less than 2/3 of any transfer fee as the other third or more goes to various agents. Will be interesting to see what happens next week. Meanwhile Douglas is in Van Gaal's preselection for Holland's WC qualification matches vs Turkey and Hungary.

1 of his 10,000 agents has said they've been in talks with Lazio about a possible deal.

http://www.calciomercato.it/news/172390/Calciomercato-Lazio-agente-Douglas-Porte-aperte-ai-biancocelesti.html

"The demand has declined compared to one month ago. We are not in talks with Fulham , the doors are still open with Lazio . But I can not speak of contacts: the market is at a delicate stage."