Douglas

BONTEMPI

Could they be bluffing? Release news saying they've accepted Fulham's bid to pressure us into upping our bid.

I mean, how many times has news come out of bids being made and accepted then nothing actually materialising? It's possible in this case.

Wasn't there an article a few days ago that Sept 28 is the magic day? Nothing will be done officially before then, anyway, so this could be a bluff.

That's what i think as well, at least that's what i thought as soon as i found out about the Sep 28th deadline anyway.

For some reason i thought he was already available for selection.

Pfft, never had any real desire to sign this guy once he showed his attitude by returning to training over-weight. I have no bad blood for Fulham, hope he turns out well for them, if they sign him.

We have proved time and time again that we can make the correct decisions when it comes to transfers, if there is something we have seen that puts us off then that's fine by me.

Wonder how close/far away we are from any deals atm, feels like we wont sign anyone this window. Remy Debuchy and Douglas out of the blue would be a decent window ;)

(apart from the ones in already)

Pfft, never had any real desire to sign this guy once he showed his attitude by returning to training over-weight. I have no bad blood for Fulham, hope he turns out well for them, if they sign him.

We have proved time and time again that we can make the correct decisions when it comes to transfers, if there is something we have seen that puts us off then that's fine by me.

I think it is fine by everyone, most a just concerned that we are not after anyone else.

The more I think about it, the more I think we are keeping all of our cash for Carroll.

Nah.

Hmm wouldnt be so sure. We were never going to buy, Anita, Douglas, Debuchy and Carroll. Pards has confirmed he has an ongoing interest in Douglas and Debuchy but for whatever reason neither have materialised. Thats not to say they wont of course. But with Pards saying he expects to sign one more, then it wouldnt suprise me if it was Carroll at the expense of the others.

I said when we signed Curtis Good that we were done with centre halves. We are gambling on Colo, Taylor, Willo, Perch etc to do the job until January at least.

Like someone said above, we will be back in for Carroll.

Decent window :spit:

Would probably be the best window in the history of windows, in other words it would be so good not even Lee f*cking Ryder could ruin it.

Although i want a CB, if we signed Debuchy and a CF i would still be freaking delighted with the summers work.

I dont want us to get players in just for the sake of it, if we arent going to match the fulham bid, it is not due to lack of funds, it is because we do not think he is worth paying that fee. Although i do think we need at least a RB and a CF, i would rather we waited until january if it meant getting the right players in for the right price.

I dont want us to get players in just for the sake of it, if we arent going to match the fulham bid, it is not due to lack of funds, it is because we do not think he is worth paying that fee. Although i do think we need at least a RB and a CF, but i would rather we waited until january if it meant getting the right players in for the right price.

Pards has already confirmed we have been following him for a long time. Not sure of his exact words from the talk in but I dont think its a case of him not being the right player.

I dont want us to get players in just for the sake of it, if we arent going to match the fulham bid, it is not due to lack of funds, it is because we do not think he is worth paying that fee. Although i do think we need at least a RB and a CF, but i would rather we waited until january if it meant getting the right players in for the right price.

Pards has already confirmed we have been following him for a long time. Not sure of his exact words from the talk in but I dont think its a case of him not being the right player.

Aye, but 5.5m euro's isnt much in football terms, we could match that bid if we really wanted to, there is probably different options we are looking at as well

Guest BooBoo

Pards last week at the talk-in basically confirmed our targets as Anita, Debuchy, Carroll and Douglas. One bought, one going elsewhere, two targets left.

Aye, but 5.5m euro's isnt much in football terms, we could match that bid if we really wanted to, there is probably different options we are looking at as well

http://i.imgur.com/AqtdL.gif

Pards last week at the talk-in basically confirmed our targets as Anita, Debuchy, Carroll and Douglas. One bought, one going elsewhere, two targets left.

How much money do you reckon you have available for transfer/wages etc? Just idle curiosity. Do you reckon you have enough to get both Carroll and Debuchy?

Guest BooBoo

How much money do you reckon you have available for transfer/wages etc? Just idle curiosity. Do you reckon you have enough to get both Carroll and Debuchy?

Difficult to say with Ashley tbh.

Read £14m somewhere. Reckon we'll take Carroll if the price is right anyway, though.

Read £14m somewhere. Reckon we'll take Carroll if the price is right anyway, though.

Unless you read it in an email from Ashley to Dekka (which would still also be unlikely), it will be made up bollocks.

No clue on money. All that I believe is that we are determined not to run at a loss, and even that you'd suspect has a bit of flexibility if a an incoming or outgoing deal stuck us as too tempting.

I would say, barring further sales, it would be one more permanent signing (no idea who, but presumably a striker or full back), and if Carroll does return it would have to be as a loan (initially at least).

No clue on money. All that I believe is that we are determined not to run at a loss, and even that you'd suspect has a bit of flexibility if a an incoming or outgoing deal stuck us as too tempting.

I would say, barring further sales, it would be one more permanent signing (no idea who, but presumably a striker or full back), and if Carroll does return it would have to be as a loan (initially at least).

Yeah, that was my guess. Without a window on the money for this year, I'd expect both of us to be sell-to-buy or thereabouts.