Douglas

BONTEMPI

Not sure where some are coming from. Will get tetchy that we haven't signed anyone but when we are linked to someone they don't want to sign them because they might push someone down to the bench.

At this time Taylor doesn't deserve to be dropped, if we sign someone who does perform better then he will be.

How's that any more of an insult than say, Cabaye for Guthrie, Cisse for Best?

The difference in class is at least clear, even for them. Taylor is widely accepted to be a starter and it will be very gutting for him to be dropped, imo.

If we're signing Douglas I have faith in our recruitment that we see him as an improvement on what we have so wouldn't be bothered if Taylor's dropped or not.

How's that any more of an insult than say, Cabaye for Guthrie, Cisse for Best?

The difference in class is at least clear, even for them. Taylor is widely accepted to be a starter and it will be very gutting for him to be dropped, imo.

If were talking Simpson for Debuchy, someone we've seen hold us back to a player who was part of a title winning team and an international player (deservedly not just a one cap wonder) then i can fully understand the expectation of him coming in and right away being an improvement, but Douglas, who's talent is unknown and personality in question for Taylor who is in the best form of his life, and would literally die for the club is a total insult to Taylor.

I'd hope Douglas is good enough to challenge him for the spot, don't think he's shown anything to suggest he's better than him from the off. It took Colo a full season to get up to speed, would you drop Taylor for a Colo just coming in to the team from Depo? I certainly wouldn't.

CB hierarchy

1. Colo

2. Douglas

3. Saylor

4. Perchinho

5. Williamson

Would we sell Williamson?

Pretty much an insult to Taylor hoying Douglas in ahead of him without kicking a ball in this league.

I couldn't care less, if he's better than Taylor play it improves us as a team. If he isn't we have a more than capable squad player.

I agree, but that has fuk all to do with what im saying. I just don't see why a player is deemed better than what we've got because he has a foreign name. 

CB hierarchy

1. Colo

2. Douglas

3. Saylor

4. Perchinho

5. Williamson

Would we sell Williamson?

Pretty much an insult to Taylor hoying Douglas in ahead of him without kicking a ball in this league.

I couldn't care less, if he's better than Taylor play it improves us as a team. If he isn't we have a more than capable squad player.

I agree, but that has fuk all to do with what im saying. I just don't see why a player is deemed better than what we've got because he has a foreign name. 

It's not being better, the overhyped reputation of English players is just too spread out now and it seems that not many like it. So even a foreign name is a bonus. But then again, Douglas is an expectant Dutch international.

Not sure where some are coming from. Will get tetchy that we haven't signed anyone but when we are linked to someone they don't want to sign them because they might push someone down to the bench.

At this time Taylor doesn't deserve to be dropped, if we sign someone who does perform better then he will be.

:thup: Exactly.

If we had signed Douglas a month and a half ago then I would have been all for him starting instead of Saylor (injury/fitness reasons more than anything btw). However, now that the season has properly started and Saylor has performed well so far, dropping him now would send out the wrong message. If we do sign Douglas (and I'm all for it considering our lack of options in the back), he will have to force himself into the starting lineup imo. Unless Saylor goes through a horrible run of form, my first choice CB pairing would be Colo-Saylor.

Guest BooBoo

If we had signed Douglas a month and a half ago then I would have been all for him starting instead of Saylor (injury/fitness reasons more than anything btw). However, now that the season has properly started and Saylor has performed well so far, dropping him now would send out the wrong message. If we do sign Douglas (and I'm all for it considering our lack of options in the back), he will have to force himself into the starting lineup imo. Unless Saylor goes through a horrible run of form, my first choice CB pairing would be Colo-Saylor.

I'm pretty sure that is what Pards would do, should Douglas sign.

I'm pretty sure that is what Pards would do, should Douglas sign.

More than likely, I have every confidence that Pardew will handle the situation in the correct manner. His man management skills are top notch.

Agreed completely, i wouldn't break up a successful partnership just because we signed someone else.

He will have to force his way in like everyone else, but extra quality is always nice.

We would have heard something concrete now if we or anyone was signing him, given Twente set tomorrow as the deadline.

No reason it couldn't all go through tomorrow. Cisse was signed the same day the news came out we were in for him.

Centre back has been a position where we are light in terms of numbers and quality for well over a season now. If the opportunity presents itself to bring in one of the best centre backs in the Eredivisie for the past few seasons for a relatively modest fee I really fail to see why so many people are complaining. Is this really about the possibility of Steven Taylor losing his guaranteed first team place at the hands of a potentially better and more reliable centre back? The same Steven Taylor who has flattered to deceive for most of his time here until he was paired with Colo (who manages to make Williamson a more than capable Premiership defender) and has averaged under 20 games a season for the past three years?

For what it's worth, I was talking to a massive Ajax fan (so he said?!?!?) last week whilst on holiday, He really didn't rate Douglas.

Thought he would struggle in the prem..

I honestly know very little about him, but thought I would share!!

Guest BooBoo

i tired of hearing about this douglas twat, if he really wanted to join us he would had by now.

sod him

Love owt like this, me.

For what it's worth, I was talking to a massive Ajax fan (so he said?!?!?) last week whilst on holiday, He really didn't rate Douglas.

Thought he would struggle in the prem..

I honestly know very little about him, but thought I would share!!

Like asking a mackem how he rates Santon tbh

Guest bimpy474

i tired of hearing about this douglas t***, if he really wanted to join us he would had by now.

sod him

Sod that Debuchy Kernt as well, totally his fault that the club's cant agree a fee.

F*ck them all.

This window is getting to you isn't it Mole :lol: