Douglas

BONTEMPI

Michael Dawson is £10m worth of defender.

I know Twente have already accepted £4.6m from Fulham, but I'm adamant that we immediately bid at least £16m. Using the Dawson scale, anything lower would be derogatory.

Says bigger clubs than Newcastle are interested in him.

Moves to Fulham.

This basically. Been put off him ever since he said that, prob a very good player but hard to be very fussed about a guy talking us down before anythings happened.

I am only half as bothered about this one as I was at the start of the summer.

Since

- Tavs looked decent in Pre-season

- Good signed on and Remi Streete is back to full fitness and tipped for big things

- Douglas turned up to training looking like Sol Campbell

- Perch looked solid at CB against Spurs

Not complaining if we do end up signing him, but not that bothered if we don't. We have a bit of depth, i'd rather see Tavs get some games. That is however more sentiment than a mentality that will get us into the top 4. We don't have a top 4 selection of CB's. We do have players that will work damn hard for the shirt every time they play, not come here for the paycheck and not moan about getting rotated. Whether the honest hardworking approach can get us to where we want to be, who knows?

Moves to Fulham.

This basically. Been put off him ever since he said that, prob a very good player but hard to be very fussed about a guy talking us down before anythings happened.

Who says he's turned us down? if he has then i agree with you but as far as i'm aware Fulham are the only ones who have had an offer accepted by Twente.

I think the club (and I'd probably agree with them) are more interested in signing another striker than they are a centre back. With the emergence of Perch as very capable cover and Williamson and Good as options they may well consider the striking department as a priority, for the time being at least.

Guest BooBoo

Opinions can change, believe it or not

Not on here they can't.

Newcastle Online users agreement.

Clause 5-1: "Once a user has posted a view, that view will be be decreed to stand for eternity and any backtracking, flip flopping, u turning or mind changing will be highlighted through use of links to old posts and the user should expect reasonable levels of the lol smilie and in extreme cases, the facepalm, Papiss lol or when required the coffee spit."

Moves to Fulham.

Who says he's turned us down? if he has then i agree with you but as far as i'm aware Fulham are the only ones who have had an offer accepted by Twente.

Not saying he has turned us down, just that he was talking us down & suggesting he was potentially "bigger" than our club via comparison with another side whos offer is currently nonexistant. Either way, completely stupid thing to say.

Opinions can change, believe it or not

Not on here they can't.

Newcastle Online users agreement.

Clause 5-1: "Once a user has posted a view, that view will be be decreed to stand for eternity and any backtracking, flip flopping, u turning or mind changing will be highlighted through use of links to old posts and the user should expect reasonable levels of the lol smilie and in extreme cases, the facepalm, Papiss lol or when required the coffee spit."

:spit:

Moves to Fulham.

Not saying he has turned us down, just that he was talking us down & suggesting he was potentially "bigger" than our club via comparison with another side whos offer is currently nonexistant. Either way, completely stupid thing to say.

How dare a player looking for a move say bigger clubs have expressed an interest than the one he is being asked about? I say stone the f***er!

Players talk a lot of shite when thinking about a move. Everyone from Bernard to Bassong and N'Zogbia have said they wanted to move on to bigger and better things, and look where they ended up.

If he prefers Fulham then I don't give a fuck what the reason is, that's his business.

Moves to Fulham.

How dare a player looking for a move say bigger clubs have expressed an interest than the one he is being asked about? I say stone the f***er!

You dont think its stupid to suggest you can do better than an interested club if you want to keep your options open?

Could they be bluffing? Release news saying they've accepted Fulham's bid to pressure us into upping our bid.

I mean, how many times has news come out of bids being made and accepted then nothing actually materialising? It's possible in this case.

Wasn't there an article a few days ago that Sept 28 is the magic day? Nothing will be done officially before then, anyway, so this could be a bluff.

Moves to Fulham.

You dont think its stupid to suggest you can do better than an interested club if you want to keep your options open?

Maybe not the smartest thing to say, I agree, but hardly a reason to give him a pass when he's available and an upgrade on what we have.

Have we ever had a genuine interest confirmed in this bloke? Not going for the 'we weren't even in for him' argument, I'm just curious.

Pardew confirmed it at the talk in.

:thup:

Wouldn't suprised me if we at least matched the bid if we're that interested.