Douglas

BONTEMPI

Guest neesy111

Meh. More concerned they'll be offering him a bigger wage. Especially West Ham.

Well if he joins a club like Fulham or West Ham for more money then we are best not signing him.

Well if he joins a club like Fulham or West Ham for more money then we are best not signing him.

Pretty short sighted. Fulham while not beng a big club still have a decent manager and some good players. Not to mention getting to the Waffa cup final a couple of years ago. Ill give you West Ham.

People keep saying this as if it's some huge honour to represent us. Maybe for a born and bred Geordie it is, but I imagine for most football players any transfer deal is a tradeoff between wages, club profile and player prospect/squad role. Realistically we have to compete in the wages department just like everybody else if we want to attract the best players.

Guest Roger Kint

Am sure the lure of watching Fulham's UEFA Cup run on DVD is stronger than playing in ours  :lol:

Am sure the lure of watching Fulham's UEFA Cup run on DVD is stronger than playing in ours  :lol:

I was trying point out they are still a decent team and we shouldnt be so arrogant to think players wouldnt choose them over us. I think you knew that though.

I'd hope playing in Europe would swing his decision and not money

He could just stay at Twente if that's the case.. ;) You're seriously kidding yourself if you think money doesn't come into it when a player makes a decision on his future.

Guest Roger Kint

I was trying point out they are still a decent team and we shouldnt be so arrogant to think players wouldnt choose them over us. I think you knew that though.

Wait you thought that was in any way serious? Christ :lol:

As ever, I have no fucking clue what you're going on about.

We're the club with the most potential out of the three.  Although Fulham are close, especially with the London factor.

London factor is well over played it only has any relevance if your successful. For shit teams it's hardly an advantage at all.

If he chooses Fulham or West Ham over us he wants his head looking at.

Guest icemanblue

Roger will extract a confrontation from the most trivial, well meaning comments. :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

I was just joking, sorry you werent able to get it. As you say theres no way we should assume we will be favourites based on who we are. Both WHU and Fulham can offer equal or more money and London which so many players love.

We're the club with the most potential out of the three.  Although Fulham are close, especially with the London factor.

London factor is well over played it only has any relevance if your successful. For shit teams it's hardly an advantage at all.

What? :lol:

All three are Premier League clubs. They're based in one of the world's most celebrated cities.

I don't understand this logic, you wouldn't apply it to your own life. None of the clubs are real challengers, none have won a trophy in a long time and would most likely be stepping stones. Europe is a bonus but it is the EL which isn't a huge draw.

Unless I was convinced an employer was really going somewhere (which is Mike & Dekka's job), i'm going to work for whoever will pay me the most/the most responsibility.

Wham are a yoyo club though.

London factor is well over played it only has any relevance if your successful. For s*** teams it's hardly an advantage at all.

If he chooses Fulham or West Ham over us he wants his head looking at.

Have we had a bid accepted for Douglas like?