Douglas

BONTEMPI

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

Had it confirmed that neither #nufc or #fulham have put in fresh offers for Douglas. Twente panicking as it is last chance to cash in on him

so in reality both clubs have put offers in

The quote from the FC Twente chairman doesn't insinuate they've received new bids. Keep licking Lee!

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

Had it confirmed that neither #nufc or #fulham have put in fresh offers for Douglas. Twente panicking as it is last chance to cash in on him

Would serve them right for rejected decent offers in the first place.

The fact there has been so few alternative rumours at this time of the window seems to suggest we've got Debuchy and possibly Douglas just sitting and we are biding our time for the last 12-48hrs of the window... Possibly just wishful thinking on my behalf perhaps...

Well we might both be fools, but I completely agree with you

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

Wow, you've changed your tune...

I just sincerely hope that the approach doesn't sacrifice quality players for the sake of a few million quid.  I realise it's a slippery slope, but I think most people laughed at how horrendous our bid for Douglas was.  I'm not surprise Twente aren't snapping our hands off.

:icon_scratch:

Guest VegasToon

I believe this guy way more than Lee "Window Licker" Ryder.

IWantCurlyHair2™ ‏@Iwantcurlyhair2

My mate who is normally spot on with Nufc shit says Douglas is as good as done if he wants to come and Toon expecting big bids for Tiote

He's doesn't claim to be ITK, but is a great person to follow regarding Newcastle.

I believe this guy way more than Lee "Window Licker" Ryder.

IWantCurlyHair2™ ‏@Iwantcurlyhair2

My mate who is normally spot on with Nufc s*** says Douglas is as good as done if he wants to come and Toon expecting big bids for Tiote

He's doesn't claim to be ITK, but is a great person to follow regarding Newcastle.

I know him, hes a good lad and doesn't talk shite, his mate might though I dont know.

Why do people who claim to be ITK always say they don't claim to be ITK?

well i don't claim to be ITK about this but i'd guess it's so they can pass the balme on when their rumour turns out to be crap.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

Wow, you've changed your tune...

I just sincerely hope that the approach doesn't sacrifice quality players for the sake of a few million quid.  I realise it's a slippery slope, but I think most people laughed at how horrendous our bid for Douglas was.  I'm not surprise Twente aren't snapping our hands off.

:icon_scratch:

Haha, well played sir.

In fairness, we were claimed to have multiple bids of varying sizes accepted and rejected during this transfer window.

I'm not saying, necessarily, that our bids were the correct value of the player, at least the reported bids.

It just strikes me as a bit rich of Twente to reject everything, then panic when people move on. Brinkmanship is an art, not a right.

But fair play, the two quotes juxtaposed and out of context make me look like a bit of a tit. :lol:

Guest hydeous

"But fair play, the two quotes juxtaposed and out of context make me look like a bit of a tit. "

That's about the same as a :pardsgrin: apology!  :D

I can't for the life of me see why he'd choose Fulham but then stranger things have happened before.

Well, they have Martin Jol (fellow Dutchman) managing them for one. He'd prolly be first choice there too when he'll be competing with Saylor here.