The 2012/13 Betting Thread

Neil

Or just walk away full stop.  Would seem the right thing to do, I've only really came in this thread this season, and the amount I've seen you lose some weeks makes my eyes water.

Yeah, as I've just said, I do consider it but to say "Hey, I'm quitting now" because of some very bad weeks wouldn't seem right, also considering I've said it before.

That's why I need to review everything over the summer and then just before the new season a decision will be made.

Guest neesy111

Don't follow this thread much but I'm assuming David28 has lost quite a bit this season?

The Real Dortmund thing was madness.

For me, it was absolutely safe before the first leg.

Had Ramos played against Lewandowski instead of Pepe, it wouldn't have been 4-1 in first place.

But that's too many if's and but's now. It's gone and Dortmund are through.

Too much backing Real and going against Bayern has been prominent this season especially with Real fucking up on various occasions this season

In general, going with heart rather then head at times this season didn't work.

I don't want to see anyone lose money and especially those sorts of sums, but consistently going with a team (and a manager) you like - despite them not being that reliable this year, and losing you money on previous occasions - is sheer madness, and you frankly had it coming to you.

For your own sake, David - take the heart out of betting, it will not end well otherwise. You've said a few times you're going to "stop" or "have a break", then you've come back in, maybe won a couple of times, then lost a load betting on Real / Man Utd / Newcastle / against Bayern. It's a recurring cycle and the warning signs are screaming at you.

honestly david, quit. QUIT FULL STOP. get some help. if you dont, frankly, you're an idiot.

Well, I guess most people would disagree with that back in 2012 that time of the year - even more so just after the - very lucky, I must admit - Chelsea CL final win.

As colinmk suggested, I didn't bet with my head often enough.

Again, I'll sit down during the summer - after passing all my final exams first now - and then I'll review everything.

Do you keep a spreadsheet of all your bets David?

I never did but honestly,since I have,it has helped me identify some of my weak points. I noticed I was doing a lot of stupid bets, e.g - player to score and respective team to win double. These nearly all lost simply because they looked too good and seemed sound at the time of placing the bet.They had no value and basically reeled me in.(A lot came from "special offer" emails from the betting sites)

However all the bets that I spent a lot of research into had much better success.

After 20 bets or so you can really see certain things that you would never notice otherwise.

I do think you're batshit crazy for betting the amounts you do,it seems you have no bankroll management?

It's never good to see people lose money,especially to the vultures that are bookmakers.

Personally I would paper trade between now and the end of the season,track bets that you would genuinely put money on.

Sort your self out man and stop betting amounts you can't afford to lose.  O0

Guest Rey Mysterio

It seems he can afford to lose it though, that's the problem. Otherwise he'd have nothing to bet with.

The important thing is to stop before it gets to the stage where he can't afford to lose it. That's when it'll cause real trouble.

Elgin City, Bolton and Charlton - few quid.

Some horse beginning with A in the 5.35 at Newmarket. Can't remember the name. £2.50 e/w.

Azrur? It's been backed from 4's to 9/4 this morning. Most backed horse of the day - I've lost the value now but I'm an absolute sucker for following a heavily backed nag.

Elgin City, Bolton and Charlton - few quid.

Some horse beginning with A in the 5.35 at Newmarket. Can't remember the name. £2.50 e/w.

Azrur? It's been backed from 4's to 9/4 this morning. Most backed horse of the day - I've lost the value now but I'm an absolute sucker for following a heavily backed nag.

Aye that's the one. Think it was 4/1 when I put it on yesterday. I know nothing about racing but my mate who's bang into it sent me a tip and I usually chuck a few quid on when he does that.

Accas

Man City, Swindon, Bayern, Lille, Atletico Madrid, Gent (80/1)

Brighton, Charlton, Derby, Bolton

Goals galore

All 12.45 Championship teams (200/1)

All 3pm Premier League teams (16/1)

Trixies

Pablo Zabaleta, Emmerson Boyce, Jan Vertonghen (anytime goalscorers)

Shane Ferguson, Medhi Abeid, Conor Newton (anytime goalscorers)

Fulham/Reading X, Norwich/Villa X, WBA/Wigan X

Fivefolds

Over 2.5

1.70Tottenham v Southampton - 04/05/2013

BTTSYes

1.50Dumbarton v Partick Thistle - 04/05/2013

Dunfermline -1.0

1.75Dunfermline v Airdrie - 04/05/2013

BTTSYes

1.70Norwich v Aston Villa - 04/05/2013

Valencia

1.44Valencia v Osasuna - 04/05/2013