Official: Daniel Sturridge is injured

TRC

Family reasons my ass - the f*** long does it take to get to Birmingham from Newcastle anyway - just over 3 hours at a push

West f***ing Brom and Alan f***ing Pardew instead of playing at SJP for 52,000 week in week out - mate you need to have a hard look at yourself like.

I've no doubt he'd happily have come here if West Brom hadn't come in. We used to be able to get round the geography by being a glamour club, now we are just a cheap club in the north with a great manager who'll be gone in the summer.

We've already lost a signing to Swansea so it can't get much worse. End of the day, anybody who would rather play for Alan Pardew and John Charver over Rafa Benitez, a Champions League and Europa League winner, is a complete and utter moron.

Sturridge said: “This felt like the right fit. I’ve got friends here I’ve played with before, the manager spoke very well, the challenge with the team and the style of play. I just felt this was the right fit for me.”

tenor.gif?itemid=3481933

Can't get my head around why anyone would think it's a lie? What other reason would there be?

Whether a player whose career took him to Manchester City, Chelsea and Bolton Wanderers before Liverpool was really swayed by home cooking is open to question.

We can't help but wonder though whether United were as willing to pay the £1.5m loan fee for Sturridge and meet his £100K+ wages in full as Albion seem to be.

We've already lost a signing to Swansea so it can't get much worse. End of the day, anybody who would rather play for Alan Pardew and John Charver over Rafa Benitez, a Champions League and Europa League winner, is a complete and utter moron.

I've got a feeling he just wants a big pay cheque to swan around at home and maybe he's not motivated by England or the opportunity to get his career back on track. He'll soon realise his mistake when he's lumping 50 yarders to a midget from the left back position.

I have the feeling most players would pick WBA over us right now, regardless of who our manager is.

Maybe so, but they'd be complete morons as well. All they'd have to do is look at Townsend to see how his form has gone after jumping from Rafa to Pardew.

I have the feeling most players would pick WBA over us right now, regardless of who our manager is.

Maybe so, but they'd be complete morons as well. All they'd have to do is look at Townsend to see how his form has gone after jumping from Rafa to Pardew.

People really need to stop fooling themselves that Rafa alone will sway players. Every single other aspect of this club screams steer clear. That's going to trump it more often than not for most players.

I've got a feeling he just wants a big pay cheque to swan around at home and maybe he's not motivated by England or the opportunity to get his career back on track. He'll soon realise his mistake when he's lumping 50 yarders to a midget from the left back position.

It's a loan, he'd get paid the same amount either way

Guest firetotheworks

It's for like 14 games. So much shit being talked about over this, like. He chose to go home, whether you would do the same is up to you, but this whole 'picking Pardew over Rafa' idea is just something people are making up to direct the blame where it doesn't belong.

The worst thing about this transfer is that I stupidly let myself get my hopes up for once. I pictured him in black and white and it seemed right. Just totally fucking deflating, this club. Exactly how the fat fucking bastard wants it.

People really need to stop fooling themselves that Rafa alone will sway players. Every single other aspect of this club screams steer clear. That's going to trump it more often than not for most players.

I'd imagine any professional with any ambition or common sense would, even for a loan period, want to play under a good manager. He literally said that Pardew spoke well :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's a loan, he'd get paid the same amount either way

But now he gets to do it at home :thup:

Guest firetotheworks

I'd imagine any professional with any ambition or common sense would, even for a loan period, want to play under a good manager. He literally said that Pardew spoke well [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

As opposed to what? Coming out in the media and saying ANYONE was talking shite? Because that happens?

It's for like 14 games. So much shit being talked about over this, like. He chose to go home, whether you would do the same is up to you, but this whole 'picking Pardew over Rafa's idea is just something people are making up to direct the blame where it doesn't belong.

As I’ve said before - he could buy his own helicopter, live in Birmingham and fly to Newcastle every day in less than an hour. He had no trouble living in London, Manchester, Bolton or Liverpool.

It’s a load of shit. As I posted on the previous page, it’s more likely that we were unwilling to pay his wages.

I'd imagine any professional with any ambition or common sense would, even for a loan period, want to play under a good manager. He literally said that Pardew spoke well [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

As opposed to what? Coming out in the media and saying ANYONE was talking s****? Because that happens?

:lol: Obviously no, but he's clearly another Townsend. Either way we'll see what good playing under Pardew does for him.

It's for like 14 games. So much s*** being talked about over this, like. He chose to go home, whether you would do the same is up to you, but this whole 'picking Pardew over Rafa's idea is just something people are making up to direct the blame where it doesn't belong.

As I’ve said before - he could buy his own helicopter, live in Birmingham and fly to Newcastle every day in less than an hour. He had no trouble living in London, Manchester, Bolton or Liverpool.

It’s a load of s***. As I posted on the previous page, it’s more likely that we were unwilling to pay his wages.

Would make the most sense - it is hard to believe Ashley would sanction paying a player £125,000 a week.

Guest firetotheworks

It's for like 14 games. So much shit being talked about over this, like. He chose to go home, whether you would do the same is up to you, but this whole 'picking Pardew over Rafa's idea is just something people are making up to direct the blame where it doesn't belong.

It’s a load of shit. As I posted on the previous page, it’s more likely that we were unwilling to pay his wages.

Yes, because buying a helicopter a flying from Newcastle, all for a 14 game spell would be the reasonable thing to do as opposed to just moving home. [emoji38]

Absolute crazy talk.

Guest firetotheworks

As opposed to what? Coming out in the media and saying ANYONE was talking s****? Because that happens?

[emoji38] Obviously no, but he's clearly another Townsend. Either way we'll see what good playing under Pardew does for him.

Fail to see how choosing one premier league club over another because he can live at home makes him a Townsend, like.

Can't get my head around why anyone would think it's a lie? What other reason would there be?

Whether a player whose career took him to Manchester City, Chelsea and Bolton Wanderers before Liverpool was really swayed by home cooking is open to question.

We can't help but wonder though whether United were as willing to pay the £1.5m loan fee for Sturridge and meet his £100K+ wages in full as Albion seem to be.

I've no doubt this is true. It's classic Ashley. "We tried but they didn't like our shitty offer then someone else came in for him and we won't can't compete with anyone."