Official: Daniel Sturridge is injured

TRC

Guest neesy111

Has any January loan signing worked out well for us?

De Jong = Rubbish.

Doumbia = Rubbish.

Ireland = Waste of time.

Bridges = Did nothing.

Any others?

According to Transfermarkt, his record in all comps in the past season and a half is

Played 1707 minutes (19 games)

Goals 10

Assists 6

This season, in the PL and Champions League only

Played 514 minutes (5.5 games)

Goals 3

Assists 3

He's a talented player for sure, but not as good as he thinks he is, which I think can create problems for his team mates. He also has the reputation of being very self-protective when it comes to assessing his own fitness.

All of which explains why he may be coming to us instead of banging in the goals for Man City, Chelsea or Liverpool.

I just hope he comes with the attitude of wanting to prove himself, rather than thinking what a great honour it is for us to watch him in action.

Far from creating problems for his team mates, I think a player of his calibre is exactly what this squad needs. There is a chronic lack of self belief here, if he comes with his swagger, it will lift everyone else around as well. Long term, aye he's a bad egg, but right now, we are desperate for someone big headed and full of himself.

Guest firetotheworks

How many have there been? I know there'll be some, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Guest neesy111

How many have there been? I know there'll be some, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

De Jong = Rubbish.

Doumbia = Rubbish.

Ireland = Waste of time.

Bridges = Did nothing.

(buys)

Woodgate, Cisse springs to mind. Starting to be really long ago.. :D

Guest firetotheworks

He's a talented player for sure, but not as good as he thinks he is, which I think can create problems for his team mates. He also has the reputation of being very self-protective when it comes to assessing his own fitness.

All of which explains why he may be coming to us instead of banging in the goals for Man City, Chelsea or Liverpool.

I just hope he comes with the attitude of wanting to prove himself, rather than thinking what a great honour it is for us to watch him in action.

Far from creating problems for his team mates, I think a player of his calibre is exactly what this squad needs. There is a chronic lack of self belief here, if he comes with his swagger, it will lift everyone else around as well. Long term, aye he's a bad egg, but right now, we are desperate for someone big headed and full of himself.

IIRC, it's all about his belief in God giving him the ability rather than just being "I'm mint, me". Semantics I suppose though, like.

Guest neesy111

Has any loan signing ever paid off for us?

Guest neesy111

Has any loan signing ever paid off for us?

Remy, Distin were 2 successes even if they didn't join us.  Hatem of course despite his injury as he stayed on.

I'll be happy if he comes and scores enough to keep us up, but this is the club doing the absolute bare minimum, yet again.

True, but him, Kenedy and a keeper may be the repairs we need to limp over the line, which is ultimately all that will happen. Making more changes may have caused issues within the team.

Really? I think the players are well aware we need more, and better players.

This is a roll of the dice from Mike, a better one than I was expecting but a gamble none the less.