La Liga 14/15

Disco

Lionel Messi ● Playmaking Skills ● Passes & Assists 2015 HD on Youtube is a good watch. He should have so many more assists now but so many screw ups by Barcelona players, especially Pedro.

No wonder he doesn't really want to pass to Pedro :lol:

VI, how much will Atleti's financial troubles impact them going forward (IIRC they've got major issues with their accounts haven't they?) I guess if they keep selling a player a season for £40-£50m though they'll be fine.

VI, how much will Atleti's financial troubles impact them going forward (IIRC they've got major issues with their accounts haven't they?) I guess if they keep selling a player a season for £40-£50m though they'll be fine.

they sell but they spend a fair wedge on replacements and squad building though no?

they sell but they spend a fair wedge on replacements and squad building though no?

Third party ownership, they aren't paying the full reported fees, and will probably have a Falcao situation in their hands if someone makes it big (I think Griezmann is fully theirs, though). Their financial situation is pretty f***ed up; they recently sold 20% shares to a Chinese billionaire just to meet running costs and service the debt. However, the fact they have got a Chinese billionaire to invest in them is a good sign.

Third party ownership, they aren't paying the full reported fees, and will probably have a Falcao situation in their hands if someone makes it big (I think Griezmann is fully theirs, though). Their financial situation is pretty f***ed up; they recently sold 20% shares to a Chinese billionaire just to meet running costs and service the debt. However, the fact they have got a Chinese billionaire to invest in them is a good sign.

Holy shit [emoji38]

Osasuna's last 3 games of past season are also under scrutiny for match fixing, Osasuna allegedly spent €1,5m in bribes to stave off relegation.

However, Osasuna ended up being relegated anyway and they didn't get particularly good results in those games, so this one looks a bit iffy.

Well, the former Osasuna executive director has now admitted to spending €2,4m in bribes. Which is probably the worst spent money ever since they still got relegated. Espanyol and Betis named among the recipients. There also seems to be betting issues involved, with large sums being invested that have been traced back to players of involved teams.

Osasuna drew 1-1 against Espanyol, and then won 2-1 against Betis in the last two games of last season. They needed more than that though, in order to avoid relegation; 6 points or at least winning 3-0 against Betis to improve their GD above the teams they were competing with.

Well, it seems that Atlético want to quell rumours about Simeone's future: Cadena SER are reporting the club is poised to offer him a contract running until 2022. Current contract runs until 2017 but has a "get out" clause at the end of every season that Atlético want to get rid of.

The new contract would also involve more control regarding transfers, and a pledge to double Atlético's income and investment in the next 5 years.

To be honest they have the potential to be more than they have been until now. Their current success should enable them to improve in all their current sponsorship deals, the new collective contract *should* improve their TV money (although they already are the third most favored club - although miles behind Barçadrid). Dunno about doubling their income, but they are in a position to grow as a club.

A few years ago, they were on the brink of administration. The things a talismanic manager can achieve...

VI can you explain the situation with the two Xerez clubs, how many are supporting the old one vs the new one

Xerez CD have had a long string of crooked owners, dropping like a stone through the divisions and being further relegated because of accrued debts. Fed up with the whole thing, fans and former players created a rival club from scratch in the lowest tier of Spanish football, named Xerez Deportivo FC. They have been promoted twice in two years and are currently attracting bigger crowds than the main one. Most people expect the new club to end up supplanting the old one, since they are only separated by two divisions right now.

It would sort of be a pity, since Xerez CD is a very storied club, more than a century old.

VI can you explain the situation with the two Xerez clubs, how many are supporting the old one vs the new one

Xerez CD have had a long string of crooked owners, dropping like a stone through the divisions and being further relegated because of accrued debts. Fed up with the whole thing, fans and former players created a rival club from scratch in the lowest tier of Spanish football, named Xerez Deportivo FC. They have been promoted twice in two years and are currently attracting bigger crowds than the main one. Most people expect the new club to end up supplanting the old one, since they are only separated by two divisions right one.

It would sort of be a pity, since Xerez CD is a very storied club, more than a century old.

I'm kinda jealous tbh

Xerez CD have had a long string of crooked owners, dropping like a stone through the divisions and being further relegated because of accrued debts. Fed up with the whole thing, fans and former players created a rival club from scratch in the lowest tier of Spanish football, named Xerez Deportivo FC. They have been promoted twice in two years and are currently attracting bigger crowds than the main one. Most people expect the new club to end up supplanting the old one, since they are only separated by two divisions right now.

That's about what I thought. Is there animosity between supporters of the old club and the new one?

Only 1 division between the two clubs next season, since the old one is hovering mid-table right now.

Hey VI, how does the Spanish League system work. Just had a look and it seems a bit confusing. Do 18 teams get promoted from the various sub leagues in the overall Tercera division to the Segunda B and there various leagues? Is that right?

Let's be honest AFC Newcastle at the Gateshead Arena would not be the same club, regardless of what Ashley is doing to NUFC.

I wouldn't know until it happens, but presently I watch the games and have zero connection to it, so its hardly like its NUFC to me in it's present state.

Plenty of non-league clubs there to support if you want distracting from NUFC until Ashley keels over. Would be no different to supporting a new club in the Northern Alliance