La Liga 14/15

Disco

He's a gentleman and one of the greatest cup managers, but I've always said he has problem opening up teams. His team (except his Chelsea side possibly) have always been based on counter attacking football that works the absolute best when they get an early goal, otherwise his team will sit and wait for the right time to strike. It's nothing negative towards him it can just be boring at times as in the weekend when they conceded and were completely unable to create much despite having a team full of fantastic offensive players.

Still think it's ridiculous to consider firing him, they just need to get back to form which can happen any day and they'll probably be favourites to win the CL for a second time in a row.

His time in France showed his biggest weakness, imo. His win percentage with PSG was much lower than it is with Real, despite the team he was managing being head and shoulders above the competition.

Ligue 1 is more defensive and he struggled to break sides down. Although, he should've walked it considering it's a 'Mickey Mouse League'.

There's bigger problems at PSG much like City. Neither side in its current carnation will ease a league title.

But aye - Ancelotti's strengths are in cup competitions. Last year - Real basically fore-fitted the league in April once they thumped Bayern.

His biggest practical problem is his midfield and attack. IN midfield it's a mixture of poor rotation and just no enough depth. He seems to only trust Modric & Kroos from his "traditional" CM's. 1 is injured and the other is en route to completing way more games than he ever has previously AFTER  being at the world cup until the every end.

The attacking lads just aren't flowing and unlike his Chelsea side there seems to be little off the bench. Jese could've been given more of a shot and Hernandez probably isn't good enough.

I'm most surprised by his decision to stick with a 4-3-3. Previously, he's never seemed to wedded to a formation.

Yep Jese's back but largely a predictable sub. James is injured. The injuries to James & Modric have been big losses. Both help tremendously to get the team moving and James is a regular GS and creator. In a fair few La Liga matches you could play a midfield of Modric - Kroos - James and it would have too much ability and guile for the other teams. James was brilliant every time I saw him on the right for Madrid too.

It's been long suspected that match-fixing has been happening in La Liga relegation fights, with clubs trying to buy matches to avoid relegation, and players "selling" themselves to throw matches against relegation-threatened sides; our authorities have been looking to build a strong case to set things straight. This seems the best one they got, thanks to Osasuna's former MD confessing and providing evidence.

Allegedly, Osasuna spent €2.4m last season to avoid relegation by fixing their matches against Betis and Espanyol. Funniest thing, they *still* managed to get relegated.

Sid Lowe provides an excellent - as usual - writeup on the match fixing investigations currently underway in Spain.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/mar/17/spain-finally-fighting-match-fixing

He only misses the fact that until very recently Spanish authorities had their hands tied due to our legislation. Match fixing is now considered a fraud and that's why you see our prosecutors finally going after it.

I see Moyes has taken Sociedad from 16th to 9th. Such a brilliant manager.

Sarcasm? I think he's done decent to well at Sociedad but nothing to prove his "brilliance". Next season i fancy them to really kick-on.

Pardew's done better at Palace but I expect next season to have a dip - if he kept this record up they would qualify for Europe.