AS Monaco 0 - 1 Newcastle Utd - 16/07/12

ponsaelius

Despite being fairly highly rated at Charlton (won the league when we signed him didn't they?) but predictably in a handful of performances for us he has become the worst keeper to have ever pull on a pair of gloves  :undecided:

Despite being fairly highly rated at Charlton (won the league when we signed him didn't they?) but predictably in a handful of performances for us he has become the worst keeper to have ever pull on a pair of gloves  :undecided:

Worse than Mike Hooper?

Worse than Mike Hooper?

Do you remember when we played sexually transmitted aids in goal? He is worse than that.

Worse than Mike Hooper?

Do you remember when we played sexually transmitted aids in goal? He is worse than that.

Yes, but is he worse than Mike Hooper?

Worse than Mike Hooper?

Yes, but is he worse than Mike Hooper?

:lol: :thup:

I saw the Forest cup game, the reserve game against Swansea(?) where he shipped 3 and also have seen the Chemnitzer goal. There's not a lot else for me to go on but he looks every inch the lower league goalie.

I can't pass comment on Elliot as I've never seen him play yet. I think the majority are the same but insist he is absolutely bollocks.

:thup:

Like Best being the worst forward, Perch being the worst defender, Ba 'just commenting on what I have seen but he has looked poor' etc..

Problem with Elliot is hopefully he won't ever get a real go in important games so will continue being the shittest keeper ever where as the others actually got a chance to settle and a decent run in the side to win over the few overly harsh/very difficult to please.

If we had to rely on Elliot to come in for a prolonged period right now I wouldn't be confident but that's because I know little about him and Krul is awesome. A few just seem desperate to write off a player that doesn't fit a strict criteria.

IMO of course  :bluestar:

I saw the Forest cup game, the reserve game against Swansea(?) where he shipped 3 and also have seen the Chemnitzer goal. There's not a lot else for me to go on but he looks every inch the lower league goalie.

The forrest game was enough for me, he was fucking awful :lol:

There's a pattern lately that once players have settled they look like astute signings, Elliot could well manage it. From what I've seen though (and that isn't much, but about as much as anyone else will have) he looks a long way below what our bench keeper should be at.

There's a pattern lately that once players have settled they look like astute signings, Elliot could well manage it. From what I've seen though (and that isn't much, but about as much as anyone else will have) he looks a long way below what our bench keeper should be at.

I bet I could find posts in a similar vein about Ba in a similar amount of games.

Not saying Elliot is nailed on to do anything but this place can be terrible for jumping on a player after a very limited viewing. Elliot's 'shockers' have come against sides around the level he was performing well at, personally feel he needs a lot more breathing space before we decide he isn't good enough as was the case with a few others that were very harshly judged and have since come good.

Ba, Best, perch etc were all playing football at atleast a reasonably high level before joining us. Elliott wasn't and so far from what i've seen and heard he isn't looking too great. You would be silly to write him off, but I would be far happier with a proven number two on the bench, as it is we're effectively just praying Krul never receives a lengthy injury or ban.

I bet I could find posts in a similar vein about Ba in a similar amount of games.

Not saying Elliot is nailed on to do anything but this place can be terrible for jumping on a player after a very limited viewing. Elliot's 'shockers' have come against sides around the level he was performing well at, personally feel he needs a lot more breathing space before we decide he isn't good enough as was the case with a few others that were very harshly judged and have since come good.

He's a goalkeeper though. One injury/suspension to Krul and he won't have that, he'll be pitched in and expected to be able to perform as a Premier League keeper. I'm very concerned by the admittedly limited performances I've seen from Elliot.

I'd be happier if Harper/a new signing was to be our bench keeper and Elliot could go out on loan and develop a bit more. He's nowhere near good enough to play in the top division currently, IMO.

I don't disagree with the concern which is why I mentioned Jussi (we're not mates or anything, I just can't spell his surname) a number of times before he went to West Ham.

I would even sign Craig Gordon, not just to have a more experienced back up keeper at this level but also to see the gems we would no doubt see on RTG

'LOL mag kernts have signed our reject marra, Mag at work reckons Krul is off to Spurs for £1.5m, FTM!'

I bumped into Elliot just after he signed, househunting. Said he bumped into Craig Gordon and was starstruck, didn't know whether to say hi or ask for his autograph.

:pokerface:

Must've had a panic attack when warming up against Citeh or Liverpool and saw Hart and Reina strolling past.

One thing that has hit me in the pre season so far (it will be a shock to all of you I know) is that we really need a few more quality players :laugh:

We are missing quite alot of our first teams players right now, I know. But I get quite worried when I see players like perch and Willo at cb, Raylor at lb, Simpson at rb, Gosling center or Shola at the top (but he is still a forward, because after he and Ba went off we didn´t have any forwards at all in the team :lol: :undecided:) for a few examples, and knowing that they are either starting players or one injury or tactical chances from starting.

One thing that has hit me in the pre season so far (it will be a shock to all of you I know) is that we really need a few more quality players :laugh:

We are missing quite alot of our first teams players right now, I know. But I get quite worried when I see players like perch and Willo at cb, Raylor at lb, Simpson at rb, Gosling center or Shola at the top (but he is still a forward, because after he and Ba went off we didn´t have any forwards at all in the team :lol: :undecided:) for a few examples, and knowing that they are either starting players or one injury or tactical chances from starting.

We have the best squad we have had in many, many, many years. Quit yer whinin'. :pow:

We have the best squad we have had in many, many, many years. Quit yer whinin'. :pow:

I don´t know how you say over here. But I think it is a kind of "you always wants more" moment :pilko: