The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Everton were fantastic, Fellaini and Jagielka in particular. The only real positive point for Man U was Kagawa who was class.

Anyway Utd's weakpoints that were showed up in Europe and various PL games last season are still very apparent and ignoring them to get RVP was very stupid.

It's not kneejerk either as i said that when they signed RVP.

Man Utd have needed another midfielder or two for a good 4 years imo, bit of energy and presence is lacking and they struggle when teams play high-tempo pressing against them, tonight, us, basel, bilbao last season, barca's closing down (though who doesnt struggle against them?). Fletcher provided that to an extent but he was never top drawer and i don't think he'll get back to his old form, while Anderson is the closest they have for providing that and he is an utter joke, strings 4 or 5 good games every season and is a fat waste of space rest of the time.

I do think Kagawa fills the gap in terms of clever passing though - will be a sound replacement for the player Scholes used to be.

Agree completely, also consider fullbacks a weakness hell it's not proven yet but i could see CB being a weakness long term too if Vidic doesn't come back to the level he was before

There were many more areas of weakness than upfront.

Kagawa reminds me of a faster Modric. Looks like he's going to be absolute quality in this league.

First time I've watched him properly, very impressive. Always looking for the ball too which is always a good indicator of a good/confident player.

Guest bimpy474

When he reeled of the list of our players my bollocks went mental.

There was some real quality he didn't name either, ridiculous how far we have come in 2-3 years.  :smug:

:snod:

You know, I've got no special antipathy reserved for Vidic (other than being a Man Utd player), but I did enjoy Fellaini absolutely battering the shit out of him and Carrick today.

I know it's his first game back and all that bollocks, but the way the media have given Man Utd a handjob over his return... as though it was the return of Maldini, Bobby Moore or Colo has just been silly. He was getting exposed by nippy strikers before he left and he'll continue that now. As well as by mammoth beasts like Fellaini, Ibra and Shola :smug:

I'm still waiting for Tooj to name some of Joe Hart's saves from last season.

'Joe Hart 11/12' on Youtube is good.

There is a Krul one from the same guy too.

Are any of them named ?

Eh?  :lol:

It's just that Stifler wanted Tooj to name a couple of Hart's saves from last year. :lol:

We lost against Samp 0-1 in the Gamper trophy. We played Barça B + some benchwarmers and it's really pointless to keep that trophy going if we have to keep playing it after the season has started.

Pretty cool homage to Cruyff's side at the beginning though. Sans Cruyff, mind.

We lost against Samp 0-1 in the Gamper trophy. We played Barça B + some benchwarmers and it's really pointless to keep that trophy going if we have to keep playing it after the season has started.

I went to the one Vs Milan a few years ago, I though it was cracking, although most of the 1st team were playing.

Guest BooBoo

When RVP came on, he took a quick corner then very soon after put a cross in. After that I'm fairly sure he didn't touch the ball.

When RVP came on, he took a quick corner then very soon after put a cross in. After that I'm fairly sure he didn't touch the ball.

Not sure if you're being serious, but he definitely did. Nothing major chances-wise, but he saw a decent amount of the ball.

I went to the one Vs Milan a few years ago, I though it was cracking, although most of the 1st team were playing.

We used to play it before the season started. It was always the first game at the Camp Nou so it was the chance to see all the new signings in the flesh, etc... so it was a great occasion. There was also that neat little custom of giving a plaque to players that left the club, so the fans could wave them goodbye (no, we didn't do it with Figo).

Nowadays, in between the congested schedule (this is the earliest La Liga has started in years), and the money friendlies we play, the trophy is an afterthought.