The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Shelvey followed through, and I don't think he would have got the ball even if it had stayed still. Went for the man imo, so a borderline red card.

He did get the ball. My goodness, did you not watch the replay?

They both then hit each other on the follow through. Shelvey gets up immediately, Evans stays down wincing. Only difference.

It's bad refereeing.

Shelvey followed through, and I don't think he would have got the ball even if it had stayed still. Went for the man imo, so a borderline red card.

They both then hit each other on the follow through. Shelvey gets up immediately, Evans stays down wincing. Only difference.

It's bad refereeing.

Disagree, Shelvey was off the ground and caught Evans much worse than other way round. Think yellow and a talking to would have sufficed personally but it wasn't that 50-50

It's bad refereeing.

Disagree, Shelvey was off the ground and caught Evans much worse than other way round. Think yellow and a talking to would have sufficed personally but it wasn't that 50-50

I couldn't care less if no contact was made, Evans dived and Shelvey clearly won the ball, it was the correct decision to send him off.

It's bad refereeing.

5 more replays. Shelvey's right boot goes over the ball and is very clearly aimed at Evans' leg. Rush of blood.

Evans lunged in, but he went through the ball. The difference between the two imo is that Evans' was aiming to take ball + man - Shelvey man only.