The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

The reason i'm more inclined to leave it well alone is because straight diving is easier to discipline than exaggerating contact.

You go back over an incident and see someone like Suarez and Bale just falling down without even the slight touch than that is easy to discipline.

But say you only get touched slightly and you make a meal out of it that's harder to eradicate and in the long run discipline players for.

I understand the thought process, both quite frankly in an ideal world i would like to see stamped out but it doesn't seem very realistic.

While is no contact at all and just falling to the floor to me if the governing body's concerned wanted to could easily eradicate or at least discipline plays for being guilty of it.

I understand what your saying. Though if you take that MK Dons player today, who rounded the keeper... was he fouled? Was he impeded? Did that keeper actually hinder him running past at all? He might have brushed him slightley, but of course he didnt impede him. Hence the need for the player to throw himself to the ground, which he did. There wasnt even a natural stumble, if bieng brushed by the keeper did impede him, then he would have at least stumbled while trying to carry on running, in which case a penalty would have been fair do's. But he's ran past the keeper and thrown himself to the ground totally on his own accord to get the penalty.

Everyone watching that knows deep down he's dived, they know it, of course he has. But theres a mental block been put on inccidents like this, a lot due to a culture of diving being promoted by ex-players & tv companies. Its created a mentality that theres is nothing wrong whatsoever for a player to cheat if he's touched in the slighest way. Thats the biggest obstacle imo, getting past this stupid mental barrier despite what the like of 'good old kammy' & sky spew out, because now people are not even believeing their own eyes anymore when watching replays.

I completely agree with what you are saying, my concern is punishing the people who do this.

It seems to do me the type of "no-contact" dives are easier to control and punish people for than punishing people for over exaggerating contact.

In an ideal world i'd like it all completely eradicated from the game but that seems very difficult while stamping on the obvious Suarez and Bale like dives does not seem very hard at all to me.

Also the point on culture is 100% correct it probably is the biggest obstacle.

Quite sad watching Ronaldinho nowadays.

Indeed but it has been the same for probably nearly 5 years now, the most sad about it all is his age.....

He's 32 years old and should still be playing CL football but he hasn't been playing at the top level for a very long time.

Quite sad watching Ronaldinho nowadays.

Indeed but it has been the same for probably nearly 5 years now, the most sad about it all is his age.....

He's 32 years old and should still be playing CL football but he hasn't been playing at the top level for a very long time.

Brazilian players always seem to peak early then drop off. ( Kaka & Adriano to name a couple).

Guest hydeous

I love watching Zidane's highlights. He's tripped almost every time he tries to beat a player, but doesn't go down.

Hate to see players going down so easily. It ruins the flow of the game.

Why is exaggerating contact seen as acceptable though? Nobody does it any other sport.

It's not acceptable but exaggerating contact is nowhere near the same as diving and i get the feeling that some people feel they are the same thing.

For example Jonas exaggerates contact each and every week but would we call him a diver? no.

:lol: Jonas dives all the time.

I love watching Zidane's highlights. He's tripped almost every time he tries to beat a player, but doesn't go down.

Messi is the same man, if the lad can stay up then he will 9 times out of 10. It's shocking that it's harder to name this type of player now than it is to name the others.

Messi is the same man, if the lad can stay up then he will 9 times out of 10. It's shocking that it's harder to name this type of player now than it is to name the others.

Ben Arfa too :smitten: