The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Good grief, that was terribly nervy from us tonight.

Oldest player in the side was Guzan at 28. I can't remember seeing a younger starting XI for us in 35 plus years.

Something has clearly happened between Lambert and Bent. Not starting him, I understand (and agree with). Not having him on the bench is f***ing nuts.

havent you heard, Villa are pushing him out, cutting down on wages,

wouldn't want the boy to get crocked before the big window opens again would you.

That did occur to me, but then again, what's the point in doing as we are now - surely it'd only make him cheaper to get, if he's seen as not getting anywhere near the pitch.

I think there's been a king-sized bust up behind the scenes.

Must be on some mad wage? Can see why Lambert doesn't want him, trying to build a team with a bit of character , Bent doesn't fit the bill.

Oldest player in the side was Guzan at 28. I can't remember seeing a younger starting XI for us in 35 plus years.

Something has clearly happened between Lambert and Bent. Not starting him, I understand (and agree with). Not having him on the bench is fucking nuts.

Bent is one of the best finishers in the league, should be starting.

Guest icemanblue

A third of the way through the season and we could be in the relegation zone by the end of the week. We're second bottom of the form table with some formidable fixtures coming up.

I'd say it's a worry, wouldn't you?

Nope, not in the slightest. We're having a bad run, our first in quite some time. We'll get important players back, improve and go on to have a mediocre season, possibly finishing in the top half. I can't believe I'm having to say this. :lol:

Deary me. From one extreme to the other.

Eh?

Edited my post, have a look.

One extreme (as you'd probably put it): People wanting him sacked now.

Other extreme (= you): "Nothing to worry about at all".

I was asked if it was a worry, in my opinion. I'm not worried, hence my answer. Not entirely sure how that warrants a 'deary me', whoever it was aimed at.

Something has clearly happened between Lambert and Bent. Not starting him, I understand (and agree with). Not having him on the bench is f***ing nuts.

havent you heard, Villa are pushing him out, cutting down on wages,

wouldn't want the boy to get crocked before the big window opens again would you.

That did occur to me, but then again, what's the point in doing as we are now - surely it'd only make him cheaper to get, if he's seen as not getting anywhere near the pitch.

I think there's been a king-sized bust up behind the scenes.

Must be on some mad wage? Can see why Lambert doesn't want him, trying to build a team with a bit of character , Bent doesn't fit the bill.

I totally understand that bit.

Bent is a type of striker which is dying out - the type who does nothing (quite literally nothing) but put the ball in the bet. He won't drop back to pick the ball up, he won't run at defenders to make space for other players, all he does is his thing.

Benteke is playing extremely well, and contributes so much more, he leads the line so well by comparison.

All that makes sense. What doesn't make sense is Bent not even getting onto the bench. That suggests something afood behind the scenes.

Something has clearly happened between Lambert and Bent. Not starting him, I understand (and agree with). Not having him on the bench is fucking nuts.

Bent is one of the best finishers in the league, should be starting.

Only if he gets the ball, and if he's not prepared to work towards that himself, then there's a problem.

I'm not worried about relegation at all. There's worse in the league. Remember how shit we where when we went down? Even then we only needed another point to survive.

A relegation battle? Maybe yes.

So you're worried about us getting into a relegation battle but not worried about us actually going down because of that time we actually went down? :lol:

Rose is by far and away their best player.

So has he been doing well? I've never had any faith that he'll make the grade, but most reports on his time at Sunderland have been really positive. I'd absolutely love it if he develops into a solid left-back - he's relatively cheap, and completely homegrown.

Not trying to be pessimistic, but I'd never say never again.

There were four clubs that I was always adamant were worse than us in 08/09, and two of them finished above us in the end.

Not trying to be pessimistic, but I'd never say never again.

There were four clubs that I was always adamant were worse than us in 08/09, and two of them finished above us in the end.

Definitely, I'd never say we're too good to go down, that's nonsense. But at the same time, we need to remember just how abject we were that season, and how much of the season we spent at the bottom. We didn't even have players who offered the possibility of playing better.

We aren't there yet. Though I am a bit concerned, a couple of wins will change the picture completely again.

Guest palnese

So has he been doing well? I've never had any faith that he'll make the grade, but most reports on his time at Sunderland have been really positive. I'd absolutely love it if he develops into a solid left-back - he's relatively cheap, and completely homegrown.

Leeds?

He's been good the times I've seen Sunderland this season. Don't think he's their best player, Fletcher is, but his performances have consistently been better than the rest of the team. Think he might is being made to look better because he is an attacking full back and the midfield in front of him is so poor that he often looks like one of their most creative outlets.