The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Rose is by far and away their best player.

So has he been doing well? I've never had any faith that he'll make the grade, but most reports on his time at Sunderland have been really positive. I'd absolutely love it if he develops into a solid left-back - he's relatively cheap, and completely homegrown.

http://www.sportitotal.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Daniel-Levy-Tottenham.jpg

Guess who wins again

Rose is by far and away their best player.

So has he been doing well? I've never had any faith that he'll make the grade, but most reports on his time at Sunderland have been really positive. I'd absolutely love it if he develops into a solid left-back - he's relatively cheap, and completely homegrown.

http://www.sportitotal.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Daniel-Levy-Tottenham.jpg

Guess who wins again

Too right.

I was gutted at watching Kyle Walker turn into an excellent player at our place only to have to release him back into the claws of Levy.

The guy's a fucking legend. Levy, I mean.

What happened to Adam Johnson? I rated him and thought he would flourish at Sunderland.

tbh judging him on how he played for City can be misleading. At City there are multiple threats to deal with so hard to deliberately crowd him out of the game like we did to him in the derby because if you do that then suddenly Silva or Nasri or Aguero (etc) are suddenly freer to do as they feel like. Now hes at a club where the opposition will target him to shut down the sunderland attack and they don't have the players around who can do something with the extra space (Fletcher in theory can but he needs supply and with Johnson out of the game the main danger of someone getting the ball to him drastically reduces what he can do)

Its his first time playing regularly in an average at best side for the division. At Boro he only started playing regularly in the championship where they were  (until strachan came along) one of the better sides in the division and he was clearly too good for the level of opposition. City he wasn't regular and surrounded by great players, makes your life a bit easier to look good. 

I thought the lack of game time held him back at City, since he looked a genuinely exciting player whenever he was played. So I was looking forward to see him playing every week.

Same here. Maybe he thinks he's better than the mackems and not putting the effort in.

It's easier to look exciting when your an impact player for a big team in the last 20 minutes when players are tired and there are more spaces.

I honestly have always thought he was a highlights player and never will be consistent enough to be good enough for anyone in the top 6.

Not even substance for me to rate him as high as the media did, there was a reason Man City never started him and you are starting to see why now.

Guest neesy111

There are a surprising number of these bench players for massive clubs who go on to become bench players for average clubs. This thing about stepping down to play every week never seems to work out.

Yeap.  We were guilty of buying a few of them in the past.

Very likely to be a much better game too.

Both pretty mercurial.

Both capable of some exquisitely dodgy defending. Fellaini could ragdoll Arsenal, or they could absolutely tear you to pieces. I'll go draw.