The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Guest Howaythetoon

Everton have been the most impressive of all teams thus far and look very strong.  Genuine top 6 material for me.

Everton having a good start worries me. The last time that happened they finished 4th non?

League was a lot different back then, obviously, but yeah good starts for us are as rare as sunshine in this country.

Equally as obviously, if we don't back up this opening game with some more good results then it's a bit meaningless.

they had carrick playing as centre back ffs and valencia as fullback, without their injuries they would not had lost tonight

If Spurs hadn't have had arguably their best 4 players from last year all not starting at the weekend (Parker, Modric, VDV, Adebayor) they probably wouldn't have lost either. Ifs and buts but the end result is we deservedly beat a quality side with loads of quality players. I think a case can be made though that both Everton and Newcastle played their respective opponents at a good time.

Everton have been the most impressive of all teams thus far and look very strong.  Genuine top 6 material for me.

As mentioned previously, I definitely think a top 4 place is up for grabs this year and Everton and Newcastle both have the quality to be challenging for it.