The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

He had a good haul last season. Hopefully he keeps scoring and get's a move up. He's actually a decent player, just most people remember him from the Hull loan.

Remember him from Villarreal too, but he was too young then, admittedly. Truth is that the hype never helped him and probably now that everybody thinks he's shit he can find a better platform to develop.

Have to take my hat off to Atlético. A year ago everyone was laughing at them for spending all their Agüero cash on Falcao, but it's paid off in ridiculous style. He's basically carrying what's already a good team. With the stability they've found under Simeone the colchoneros should be battling it out for third spot with Valencia this season.

Guest bimpy474

Had no idea the League Cup starts today for the teams not playing in Europe.

Since when it is called the Capital One Cup btw?

New Sponsor.

AEL Limassol (my local club in Cyprus) is away to Anderlecht in tonight's CL qualifier. Leading 2-1 from the first leg, and only need to draw. Never in a million years would I have imagined they would be anywhere near European football never mind the CL group stages.

Should they get through, all hell will break loose tonight.

AEL Limassol (my local club in Cyprus) is away to Anderlecht in tonight's CL qualifier. Leading 2-1 from the first leg, and only need to draw. Never in a million years would I have imagined they would be anywhere near European football never mind the CL group stages.

Should they get through, all hell will break loose tonight.

Unfortunately we need an Anderlecht win to help protect our position in pot 3 of the Europa League draw.

Guest bimpy474

Why are Wigan wearing their away kit?

You can be contractually obliged to wear your away kit a certain amount of times a season. Maybe they have worked out how many games in the Premiership they need to wear the away kit, and need another game to make the numbers up. Could be that.

This midweek version of Jeff Stelling is a right troll. "Coventry, tough few days with Andy Thorn leaving, however, there has been a goal at the Ricoh! Have they taken the lead then?"

"No, they're behind." :lol: