The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Are you confident for tomorrow brummie? What's your expected lineup?

No.

We've got a lot to do this season, we're going to lose a lot of matches in the meantime. We're completely changing the way we play, so we're going to have a few games where we take a hiding.

The pain will be worth the gain in the end, but like i said, we'll take a few kickings in the meantime.

Ta. Any idea how you'll be lining up?

Something along the lines of the below, but Lambert is notorious for changing his line up from one week to the next (he's the anti-MON in that sense).

Guzan

Bennett - Vlaar - Baker - Lowton

N'Zogbia - Delph - El Ahmadi  - Holman

Ireland

Bent

That team. :yao:

I like Wigan tbf, don't get the hatred. They'll have a core of 4-5000 who'll have been with them in Division Three at their old stadium 10-15 years ago. Let them enjoy it. Brilliant what they've achieved to stay in this league, unearthing gems, and being able to stay up on a shoestring.

No.

We've got a lot to do this season, we're going to lose a lot of matches in the meantime. We're completely changing the way we play, so we're going to have a few games where we take a hiding.

The pain will be worth the gain in the end, but like i said, we'll take a few kickings in the meantime.

Something along the lines of the below, but Lambert is notorious for changing his line up from one week to the next (he's the anti-MON in that sense).

Guzan

Ireland

Bent

Harsh. :lol:

No.

Guzan

Ireland

Bent

Had completely forgotten about Fabian Delph... is he coming good?

No.

Guzan

Ireland

Bent

Harsh. :lol:

That team - :yao:

Guzan

Ireland

Bent

Dat team - :yao:

Krul

Simo Saylor Colo Santon

HBA  Cabaye Anita Jonas

Ba  Cisse

http://i.imgur.com/MH6CH.png

Packed in when they wanted my passport number. It's in the cupboard somewhere and I'm not getting up.

I quite enjoy the goal music but only in international events (FIFA anthem or whatever it is.). The music that got played after each goal in the Super Cup last night is quite nice, imo. Fits with football, that.

A lot of our fans use him as a piece of evidence in the prosecution of Martin O'Neill, and to be honest, they've got a point. He cost a lot of money and hasn't done much, but he's been incredibly unlucky with injuries until now.

He and El Ahmadi look decent in the middle, they keep hold of the ball well. I just wish Delph would break forwards more often than he does.

One thing I don't like - and i saw this against Tranmere in the week - is he still has a tendency to put in really rash tackles.

if you're interested in that kind of bet, I'd say if you stuck a quid on Delph to get booked or sent off every week, you'd finish the season well up.

I quite enjoy the goal music but only in international events (FIFA anthem or whatever it is.). The music that got played after each goal in the Super Cup is quite nice, imo. Fits with football, that.

Sorry, but I can't agree with that.

There's no place for goal music, in any form or level of football. It is the work of the devil.

I quite enjoy the goal music but only in international events (FIFA anthem or whatever it is.). The music that got played after each goal in the Super Cup is quite nice, imo. Fits with football, that.

Sorry, but I can't agree with that.

There's no place for goal music, in any form or level of football. It is the work of the devil.

:sad:

A lot of our fans use him as a piece of evidence in the prosecution of Martin O'Neill, and to be honest, they've got a point. He cost a lot of money and hasn't done much, but he's been incredibly unlucky with injuries until now.

He and El Ahmadi look decent in the middle, they keep hold of the ball well. I just wish Delph would break forwards more often than he does.

One thing I don't like - and i saw this against Tranmere in the week - is he still has a tendency to put in really rash tackles.

if you're interested in that kind of bet, I'd say if you stuck a quid on Delph to get booked or sent off every week, you'd finish the season well up.

El Ahmadi is a player I rate. Doesn't Bannan get in your team lately? He's a player I rated, true that sometimes he doesn't make the best decisions on the pitch, but I think he's got great potential.

I have to watch you more often this season. I think you'll end up somewhere with your current project, hopefully not the Championship.

El Ahmadi is a player I rate. Doesn't Bannan get in your team lately? He's a player I rated, true that sometimes he doesn't make the best decisions on the pitch, but I think he's got great potential.

I have to watch you more often this season. I think you'll end up somewhere with your current project, hopefully not the Championship.

We're not going to go down.

I am as pessimistic as they come, but there's a right load of old bollocks being written about us at the moment, with dickheads like Robbie Savage tipping us to go down. We've played two league games. One, at West Ham, we had 65 percent possession, and they scored from their only chance, after spending 90 minutes lumping the ball long at us. The other was against Everton, who scored out of nowhere after 2 minutes, then got gifted one by Given. We were never going to come back after that.

Lambert wants us to pass the ball, you can see the change in the way we are trying to play even after two games. It isn't going to happen overnight, though, it'll take time.

El Ahmadi is a very decent passer of the ball, he's impressed so far. Vlaar always looks to play the ball out of defence rather than hoof it as James Collins would have done in the past.

What we are doing now is trying to fully throw off the bad habits we were left with when MON flounced out (incidentally, read some of the Sunderland fans comments about the way they played today, they're doing the same), with a young progressive manager who will look forward not back. So no more playing with wingers and whipping hopeful balls into the box continually. No more lumping it out of defence.

It isn't going to happen overnight, it will take a long time, and we'll continue to pick up some piss poor results along the way, but I genuinely do not care, so long as we make that change, it will be worth the short term pain.

Bannan is a decent passer of the ball, and will get plenty of games. My main criticism of him is that he looks for the Hollywood ball a bit too often when he should just keep it simple,

How many loan players are championship clubs around? seems to me Udinese sent their whole reserves squad to Watford :lol:

That's the M.O. of the Pozzo's; Granada are built exactly the same.

They just buy a crapload semi-promising players on the cheap and send them over the teams they own. They currently have one in Italy's top division, Spain's top division and England's second tier. It's a player agency on steroids.

How many loan players are championship clubs around? seems to me Udinese sent their whole reserves squad to Watford :lol:

They just buy a crapload semi-promising players on the cheap and send them over the teams they own. They currently have one in Italy's top division, Spain's top division and England's second tier. It's a player agency on steroids.

I had no idea they had a team in Spain, too.

It's all a bit too sinister for my liking.

I had no idea they had a team in Spain, too.

It's all a bit too sinister for my liking.

They also tried to take a non-controlling stake on Espanyol, but couldn't reach an agreement with their board. I'm not really comfortable with this weird multi-club holding they are building.

A lot of people are shitting themselves, both our fans and others. I'm not worried. I figure that if they get us to where they want us to get (in the short-term), the PL honeypot is so enticing that we'll support ourselves as a primary club. This loan thing is for player development and is only on steroids atm because we want to improve the squad very quickly (and Udinese/Granada have spare players to allow us to do this!). Sean Murray's signed up for 5 years (which is great news), even though we've applied for Cat 3 status, there'll still be focus on youth. I reckon the reason so many of them are Udinese players is for tax reasons more than anything else, they're effectively ours for as long as we want them/they want us.