The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Scotland are nowhere near Serbia's level. Nowhere near.

I know the Serbs took a weakened, young squad over, but I reckon that was cos they knew they were going to be playing, well, Scotland.

Just an extension of the Premier League arrogance, really. Thinking that because most of the Scottish team plays in the Prem that they're automatically good, when actually like most of the tail end of the PL they're average ranging to total shite (see Hutton, Alan).

Serbia have a fair splattering of players playing for good European clubs and their players are almost all competent technically.

Colombia 3-1 Chile. I'm really impressed by this Colombia team. That's back-to-back convincing wins against supposedly superior competition.

Be nice to see them qualify. Personally would like to see Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Uruguay and Venezuela make it as the 5.

Ecuador are flying at the moment though.

Colombia 3-1 Chile. I'm really impressed by this Colombia team. That's back-to-back convincing wins against supposedly superior competition.

Be nice to see them qualify. Personally would like to see Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Uruguay and Venezuela make it as the 5.

Ecuador are flying at the moment though.

Tim Vickery spoke highly about them on the last WFPI. Mentioned Darwin Quintero as someone who could make it big. Would be nice to see them in a WC again. Always think of the Escobar documentary when I think about Colombian football. Would be nice to associate it with something else.

Cavani makes it 1-1 against Ecuador. Right after Chucho Benetiz had a penalty shout, thought he clearly dove before contact form the keeper but commentators are sure it was a pen. Similar to the Krul one against Villa, imo, there was contact but still a dive.

Coleman's an awful manager like.

He's utter dog shit. One of those managers that everyone knows is awful and yet continually gets jobs way above his level. Unlikeable as well, still, we don't have to put up with his awful punditry now

Cavani makes it 1-1 against Ecuador. Right after Chucho Benitez had a penalty shout, thought he clearly dove before contact form the keeper but commentators are sure it was a pen. Similar to the Krul one against Villa, imo, there was contact but still a dive.

I had an unreasonable and unexplainable amount of love for him during that one season at Birmingham :lol:

Cavani makes it 1-1 against Ecuador. Right after Chucho Benitez had a penalty shout, thought he clearly dove before contact form the keeper but commentators are sure it was a pen. Similar to the Krul one against Villa, imo, there was contact but still a dive.

I had an unreasonable and unexplainable amount of love for him during that one season at Birmingham :lol:

Unexplainable? Really? Nothing to do with the fact that he was a beast of FM that year and you could always sign him for NUFC?

do Australia have the youth coming through to replace the older players though? it seems to me that the quality just isn't there compared to when you had emerton, bresciano, cahill, viduka, kewell, aloisi etc coming through.

Certainly not of that ilk

We have some young players at the fringe of mid table teams in good leagues

(Nikita Rukavystka from Mainz, Chris Herd from Villa, James Troisi at Atalanta and Robbie Kruse at Fortuna Dusseldorf)

And some that are first teamers in second tier leagues like

(Mcgowan at Hearts, Zullo, Sarota and Oar at Utrecht and Davidson at Heracles)

For whatever reason are sticking with the old guard when they just aren't the best players to be putting on the pitch anymore

We will qualify, just way behind Japan and Korea in terms of quality at this stage.

Coleman's an awful manager like.

He's utter dog shit. One of those managers that everyone knows is awful and yet continually gets jobs way above his level. Unlikeable as well, still, we don't have to put up with his awful punditry now

one of the "perks" of being an international manager it leaves him plenty of time for him to torture us all with his waffle on sky, hes appeared a couple of times on sky since taking the job