The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Looks like some more good young players coming off the Arsenal conveyor belt.

Not in the first half it didn't. They were utterly shocking.

This is truly classic Arsenal, when the evidence starts to stack up that they're in decline, they manage to frantically paper over the cracks just in time.

I would have banked on Villa even to have managed not to spunk away a four goal start at home to that side tonight. That's how poor they were. Arshavin in that first half gave the most un-interested, not fucking bothered, fuck-you performance I think I've ever seen.

Well the other half of the story is that after going 4-0 down, they scored 7 goals to 1, away from home against a much more experienced side. That suggests a bit of quality in the ranks.

Arsenal's game is a bit knife-edge, and unless they play with confidence and commitment, it doesn't happen at all. In the first half, they lacked that spirit and their defence was exposed.

After that, they developed confidence in their passing and movement, they dominated possession and Reading got few opportunities. Considering it's a young, second string team up against a Premiership side, that's quite an achievement. Wenger has pushed back the boundaries of what young players can achieve, and he doesn't get enough credit for that.

The media seem to join in this chorus of derision about Arsenal's so-called 'failure' to win a trophy, but they should be giving them enormous credit for remaining so competitive when they're competing against clubs with much larger budgets.

Gnabry and Eisfeld caught the eye last night as very good prospects.

Guest neesy111

Knew Reading would collapse last night, they have zero backbone to their team.

You knew at 4-0 they'd lose? Neestradamus

As soon Arsenal scored the 1st I should have written.

Di Matteo confirms he spoke to Mikel & Mata before selecting them tonight & said: "They are OK to play"

I could cry at how soft football has become  :jesuswept:

pathetic, di Matteo is a prime cunt. Looking forward to his demise in feb/mar next year

Guest Slippery Sam

Please, please, pleeeeeease God.......I don't want anything for Christmas. All I want is for Chelsea to have a man sent off tonight and for them to lose the game by an offside goal. Thanks.