The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Guest bimpy474

Disagree that the pen was harsh mind. His arms do not need to be up there.

Just protecting his delicate Spanish face

He's certainly no Giroud, that man is dreamy

French boys have gone all lovely lately.

Guest bimpy474

Definite pen. One of those were the offender actually doesn't get an advantage, but it's the rules.

No it isn't the rules. If you went by the rules it wouldn't be a pen as it wasn't hand to ball.

Rules are a complete mess, handball should be about gaining advantage, 95% of pens are never hand to ball.

The more I watch him, the more I'm convinced that Rooney should have left ManU. He's completely stagnated and has lost that hunger and sense of urgency that was so pivotal in his game. Needs a kick up the arse.

perfect opportunity for someone to photoshop Rooney and SAF's heads onto the pic of Ted kicking Bishop Brennan up the arse.

Refs are fairly lenient but I still think too many of those sorts of pens get given. He was very close to the opponent and it looked like an instinctive gesture to protect his face, rather than an attempt to make a bigger obstacle to stop the cross.

The Wayne Rooney I watch is one of, if not the most important player on our team. He's dropped a lot deeper than his younger years, but he's everywhere, fantastic work rate, brilliant vision, and still has his goalscoring ability. He's not as explosive as he was when he was 16-20, but he's a different player, and he's brilliant.

I can't understand the criticism of him.

The Wayne Rooney I watch is one of, if not the most important player on our team. He's dropped a lot deeper than his younger years, but he's everywhere, fantastic work rate, brilliant vision, and still has his goalscoring ability. He's not as explosive as he was when he was 16-20, but he's a different player, and he's brilliant.

Don't like agreeing with Man U supporters because they're generally full of shit :lol: But you are spot on. Wayne Rooney is a brilliant player.

Have to agree. He's the link up between defense and attack, sometimes he is the midfield and still manages to score goals while defending all over the pitch. Class player that I'd love to have in our team.

Definite pen. One of those were the offender actually doesn't get an advantage, but it's the rules.

No it isn't the rules. If you went by the rules it wouldn't be a pen as it wasn't hand to ball.

Rules are a complete mess, handball should be about gaining advantage, 95% of pens are never hand to ball.

I agree that it should be about gaining an advantage, but it's not as clear-cut in a lot of occasions and thus a slippery slope. I don't want referees having to do too many subjective decisions on the pitch.

But I'm Spanish, we have a weird obsession with handballs.

A few years ago you could make an argument about him being in the running for best player in the world. These days, he isn't even close. Hell, he's not even the best player in the Premiership, and I'd argue you have better players in the team.

I think it's pretty clear as his career progresses he's dropping deeper and deeper. He clearly has the ability to play midfield and as he gets older and starts to lose his place I think he'll slot in to the Scholes role. He's not going to be as active as Scholes obviously, but it's a pretty capable replacement, if that's the way it goes.

Felipao -  They generally are full of shit. Sickens me sometimes as well. If Decky reads this thread he will tell you the stuff we witnessed on Facebook during the week. Fans calling for Fergies head because of the league cup exit. :lol:

Guest bimpy474

I agree that it should be about gaining an advantage, but it's not as clear-cut in a lot of occasions and thus a slippery slope. I don't want referees having to do too many subjective decisions on the pitch.

But I'm Spanish, we have a weird obsession with handballs.

Oh god yes Spanish handballs :lol:, do they still use the mad handball yellow card even if its accidental ?.