The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Wilshere's barely played in almost a year and a half, it's a bit too soon after just a few games to rule him as overrated.

To me, he's the kind of player that has all the technical attributes to be great, but has still to learn to use them effectively and impose himself in games. But at 21, that's pretty much understandable.

Wilshere's barely played in almost a year and a half, it's a bit too soon after just a few games to rule him as overrated.

To me, he's the kind of player that has all the technical attributes to be great, but has still to learn to use them effectively and impose himself in games. But at 20, that's pretty much understandable.

He's still miles away from being back at full pelt again. You can see after he got the little knock before he drifted off the pace of the game. The ability is all there.

To me, he's the kind of player that has all the technical attributes to be great, but has still to learn to use them effectively and impose himself in games. But at 20, that's pretty much understandable.

That's my point, though. I'm not making a snap judgement on him, I'm saying that there's this general perception of him (at least that's the perception I get) that he's currently a top class player, which I don't think he is because, in no small part (and as you've said), he's still very young and has had a very nasty injury to overcome and is probably in some ways still recovering from. As I say, I might be gauging the general opinion of him inaccurately.