The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Do you think you will go down Brummie? I understand that you dont play Bent because the team plays better without him or whatever, but he will score you goals even when he was in a shit Charlton team he still scored a bucket load.

I think Reading are gone for sure. Hopefully this will be the year Wigan finally go down.

No he won't. He didn't score goals in our team last year. Not enough, anyway.

The Bent style striker, a player who does literally nothing but apply the final touch, is increasingly an anachronism these days. We look a much better, more rounded side without him.

We're not going to go down. We're nothing like poor enough. We've had a really sticky spell, but that's the risk playing lots of kids. Before that, we'd started to put together a decent run of form.

Right now, we're struggling with injuries, and lifting young players after a couple of drubbings, but that won't last forever. They've got a cup semi final coming up to lift their spirits, too.

I've seen plenty of shit Villa sides, i really have, and there are fans who don't see what Lambert is trying to do, but the vast marjotiy see it, and are behind him, and that's not something I've seen with managers of poor Villa sides in the past.

Southampton aren't nearly as bad as we need them to be.

Villa, Reading, and QPR are though. You could say that a lot depends upon Villa's injured players coming back, ,and what both they and QPR do in the window, but Cabaye and Steve Taylor are just around the corner.

We have had a torrid run of three results until today, but other than that, we are nowhere near as bad as those results suggest.

You'd better tell the wife. She's asking me about all the new places she can see matches next year (Peterborough, Doncaster, Huddersfield etc etc.).

You need to tell the Mrs to man up, Leffe. No offence, like.

Spurs are a better side than us no?

Well yes, but you used plurals and made it sound like it was a common occurrence to see them knock 6 past better sides than us in 45 minutes of football, which I don't think is the case.

I was saying that i still believe if you open up and give them space they are still capable of scoring by the bucket loads.

They are also liable to perform really well one game and crap the next.

I wouldn't take too much from the two games.

No coincidence they scored all their goals against us after we went down to ten men. We were looking pretty good up to that point.

Southampton aren't nearly as bad as we need them to be.

Villa, Reading, and QPR are though. You could say that a lot depends upon Villa's injured players coming back, ,and what both they and QPR do in the window, but Cabaye and Steve Taylor are just around the corner.

We have had a torrid run of three results until today, but other than that, we are nowhere near as bad as those results suggest.

You'd better tell the wife. She's asking me about all the new places she can see matches next year (Peterborough, Doncaster, Huddersfield etc etc.).

You need to tell the Mrs to man up, Leffe. No offence, like.

:lol: None taken. She's a Cleveland fan (Browns, Indians etc etc). Nobody has any right to tell a Cleveland fan to man up when it comes to sports, the poor bastards. At least I only married into them.

Pulis saying there was "about £220 million pounds' difference between the two teams" when he spent a combined £18 million on Peter Crouch and Kenwyne Jones.

ssssh Stoke don't spend money they're just plucky underdogs with no money who can never aspire to more than assaulting the opposition..........