The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Away goals don't count, ffsss.

They do after extra time

Then what help are they going to be to Swansea when Chelsea now have to score 2 goals in Swansea to level the tie.

Are you dense?

Chelsea have have to score at least 2 goals to level the tie which would make it level after ET on away goals. There is no situation where the away goals rule will put Swansea through so why did the commentator emphasise the importance of them for Swansea.

He's emphasising the importance of them because now Chelsea have to win away from home by two goals?

My point is why did he emphasise the importance of Swansea's lead being with 2 away goals, their goals being away goals have no importance, them being 2 goals up is the only importance.

Guest bimpy474

They do after extra time

Then what help are they going to be to Swansea when Chelsea now have to score 2 goals in Swansea to level the tie.

Are you dense?

Chelsea have have to score at least 2 goals to level the tie which would make it level after ET on away goals. There is no situation where the away goals rule will put Swansea through so why did the commentator emphasise the importance of them for Swansea.

He's emphasising the importance of them because now Chelsea have to win away from home by two goals?

My point is why did he emphasise the importance of Swansea's lead being with 2 away goals, their goals being away goals have no importance, them being 2 goals up is the only importance.

Commentator got it wrong, plain and simple. Like you say Swansea being able to go though on away goals is irrelevent as far as Swansea are concerned. Only Chelsea can now do that.

They do after extra time

Are you dense?

It's just semantics though isn't it. He was praising them for going and winning 0-2 away from home in a first leg and making it very difficult for Chelsea to get through, now Chelsea have to do the same to even stand a chance. I really don't think the fact that on a technicality Swansea can't actually win on the away goals rule matters.

Guest neesy111

They do after extra time

Are you dense?

It's just semantics though isn't it. He was praising them for going and winning 0-2 away from home in a first leg and making it very difficult for Chelsea to get through, now Chelsea have to do the same to even stand a chance. I really don't think the fact that on a technicality Swansea can't actually win on the away goals rule matters.

Because of the scoreline it wouldn't matter anycase, as Chelsea have to score at least 2 to save the tie.

Guest bimpy474

They do after extra time

Are you dense?

Because of the scoreline it wouldn't matter anycase, as Chelsea have to score at least 2 to save the tie.

Makes for a very good 2nd leg, if Swansea score Chelsea really will have to go at them, even more than already need to.

They do after extra time

Are you dense?

Yeah - away from home, which is going to be hard. Which is exactly why Swansea doing it is impressive and worthy of commentary praise.

Guest bimpy474

Laudrup just oozes positivity when he speaks. So jealous of Swansea right now.

Our manager is the complete opposite, in the press anyway. :(

Laudrup just oozes positivity when he speaks. So jealous of Swansea right now.

Our manager is the complete opposite, in the press anyway. :(

Biggest thing for me is he always calls things fairly like the quote Dave pointed out above. Unlike our manager who has an excuse for every thing.