Cardiff City 4 - 1 Newcastle United - 11/08/12

Guest BooBoo

This seems utterly pointless. We start our season next week and he plays Ameobi and Jonas upfront for the first time ever. What crap use of a friendly.

I don't mind trying new things but throwing people on in willy-nilly spots does seem like a waste. Shame Sammy and Ferguson are both injured (perennial little problems with a lot of our youth, vuckic included) as at least they could have had a proper run out and tried somehting new

Ferguson played for the reserves today. :thup:

This seems utterly pointless. We start our season next week and he plays Ameobi and Jonas upfront for the first time ever. What crap use of a friendly.

I don't mind trying new things but throwing people on in willy-nilly spots does seem like a waste. Shame Sammy and Ferguson are both injured (perennial little problems with a lot of our youth, vuckic included) as at least they could have had a proper run out and tried somehting new

Ferguson played for the reserves today. :thup:

ahh, decent. I'd misread that he was injured and left behind but obviously not. Cheers for that

The season starts next week man. We should be putting the team out that is actually going to play.

Guest Phil K

Vaguely embarrassing.

Vaguely ? VERY Embarrassing.

:dowie:

Strange way to show how it isn't embarrassing, but if you're happy.... :whistle:

Absolutely nothing to take from this mess like.

The above gent can't see it as such....for some reason !

Guest Phil K

Absolutely nothing to take from this mess like.

Pre-season?

You're not a believer in start as you mean to go on, then  :cheesy:

Vaguely embarrassing.

Vaguely ? VERY Embarrassing.

:dowie:

Strange way to show how it isn't embarrassing, but if you're happy.... :whistle:

It's a bloody pre-season friendly. We got beat off Leeds this time last year. That affected us so badly that we only went unbeaten until November. RIP NUFC :(

The season starts next week man. We should be putting the team out that is actually going to play.

Aye, but failing that, it would have been good to have a few exciting youth players busting a gut to show they should be involved or add something different. Just a shame on that front. To be honest, I don't think there's a set formula to pre-season. Beating teams easily each time or losing badly each time is meaningless really as long as some physical fitness and match fitness are built up. We'll only be able to judge match fitness come next week