Cardiff City 4 - 1 Newcastle United - 11/08/12

Guest BooBoo

I think more annoying than the knee jerkers are the "don't worry about a thing, it'll be all right on the night" gang.

It's those who are just ready to have a go/pop at anyone underlying concerned about a situation/game, because they are super fans etc are the really annoying one's.

Yep, the Footballing Hipster brigade.

"Oh my God, look at these clueless fools being worried because we got dicked by a Championship team and haven't strengthened the side"

f*** off, man. :lol:

Guest Realist

Well, if it becomes a regular occurrence then that's when I "worry", not when it's a preseason friendly.

I mean, no team is 100% consistent in playing to their full potential.  Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea ... all of those clubs can and will lose games to "lesser" sides that, on paper, you would say they never in a million years should lose to.  It will happen. 

When it turns from odd setback into pattern is when I worry. 

Guest neesy111

I think more annoying than the knee jerkers are the "don't worry about a thing, it'll be all right on the night" gang.

It's those who are just ready to have a go/pop at anyone underlying concerned about a situation/game, because they are super fans etc are the really annoying one's.

I can honestly say Neesy that the worst thing about this whole pre-season is that apostrophe in 'ones'.

:)

:okay:

:lol:

You are correct. :thup:

Guest bimpy474

How come Cardiff aren't playing the League cup this weekend?

They finished high enough in the Championship not to have to enter until the 2nd round.

Edit : Ignore that, they play Northampton in the first round. Only Blackburn and Bolton avoid the 1st round as they finished 18th and 19th in the prem.

We've basically still got the same team that finised 5th. Yes, we need 2 or 3 and I will be disappointed if we don't get them because it is an opportunity missed. But it is nowt to be panicking about.

Of the team that started today, we had Krul, Simpson, Coloccini, S. Taylor, R. Taylor, Shola and Jonas when we were in the Championship.  In a way, that's remarkable.  And in a way, it's a slight concern as we can and should do a lot better than some of those players.

Guest neesy111

We've basically still got the same team that finised 5th. Yes, we need 2 or 3 and I will be disappointed if we don't get them because it is an opportunity missed. But it is nowt to be panicking about.

Is having 3 fit strikers enough to be panicking about though?

2 more than the team we're playing at the weekend.

That's an overstatement, tbh. Cisse's fine. Ba's fit enough to play 60 minutes and Shola perhaps 20.

Friendlies mean nothing but this does feel very similar to the Bowyer summer, when we had a great chance to kick on and did nothing.

It's been slow for most teams without mega money, though, tbf. That we've not bright any 'first-teamers' in wont be for want of trying, I'm sure.

Guest BooBoo

Friendlies mean nothing but this does feel very similar to the Bowyer summer, when we had a great chance to kick on and did nothing.

Yep, seen this all before.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Has pards worsened things by saying we are not close to signing anyone?

AP

"The underbelly didn't perform today but I have seen enough this pre season to stand us in good stead. We were without some big players today and that showed a little bit as we didn't seem to have that extra quality we need. I am more than happy with the squad and the young lads that have come in have been a breath of fresh air. Young Campbell was magnificent which shows that our strategy is working"