Cardiff City 4 - 1 Newcastle United - 11/08/12

Guest BooBoo

People are getting far too worked up over these friendlies like. If the coaching staff weren't happy with the fitness levels of Cisse/Ba/Cabaye et al, they'd be playing. They're obviously content with them and don't want to risk them picking up injuries ahead of spurs.

There is no way Cabaye will be match fit based on 20 mins of action in 2 months. 

Yeah, I'll trust the judgement of the coaching staff over the judgement of neesy I think.

Guest bimpy474

Cabaye has been playing football none stop for 2 years. Quite glad he's had a rest. Absolutely not worried about him at all.

And is not the sort to munch his way through 45 packets of jaffa cakes. Keeps himself fit, it'll be just match sharpness he'll need.

Guest neesy111

Cabaye has been playing football none stop for 2 years. Quite glad he's had a rest. Absolutely not worried about him at all.

Eh, there wasn't even a international tournament in 2011.

From what I remember though he was playing friendlies for France up until about early-mid June before we signed him?

Guest sicko2ndbest

This could well be most of our players for the Europa league

Nothing about what I am hearing is inspiring me!

Losing 3-0 isn't as bad as it sounds if you are having most of the play. By all accounts Cardiff are bossing it

This could well be most of our players for the Europa league

Nothing about what I am hearing is inspiring me!

Losing 3-0 isn't as bad as it sounds if you are having most of the play. By all accounts Cardiff are bossing it

good job we're not losing 3-0 then

From what I remember though he was playing friendlies for France up until about early-mid June before we signed him?

Yep.

Neesy being an extreme pedant. The club (and many on here) were worried about him burning out. Pards said so himself and also said that was why he let him have longer off.

Guest neesy111

True, but isn't that same of most international footballers nowadays.  I just think you can't go into a new season without any minutes under your belt.

True, but isn't that same of most international footballers nowadays.  I just think you can't go into a new season without any minutes under your belt.

Who will tell Cabaye the bad news?

Guest loven Mag 11

Tiote apparently smashed Conway.

Guy doing the updates livid :lol:

Frantic few minutes. Tiote pole-axes Conway  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I´m not really worried about our "big guns". But what is worrying me is that we haven ´t improved one bit. Simpson is still holding down the rb. Raylor is still basically first reserv too our midfields option. Jonas is still playing wide. Obertan is playing all the time, and if our Africans are away we have f***ing Shola as our striker.

Goodness me..