Adam Campbell released

gbandit

Must admit downbeat by transfer window. Rb, CB and right sided player that could play in the forward three of of a 433

Krul

Debuchy. Taylor colo. santon

Cabaye.  Tiote.  Jonas/Anita

HBA.                Hoilett

Cisse/ba

Is how i'd hoped we may line up. Obviously that is not possible now.

Got a Brief glimpse of Campbell away in Greece and was very impressed and excited.

What sort of job could he do in place of Hoilett in above team for those who have seen more of him ?

Must admit downbeat by transfer window. Rb, CB and right sided player that could play in the forward three of of a 433

Krul

Debuchy. Taylor colo. Danton

Cabaye.  Tiote.  Jonas

Cisse/ba

Got a Brief glimpse of Campbell away in Greece and was very impressed and excited.

What sort of job could he do in place of Hoilett in above team for those who have seen more of him ?

Don't agree that Campbell is a wider player.

To me, watching him play at the Milk Cup, he liked to play like Rooney, dropping deep into an AM, taking the ball, distributing it, and then making a run for the player to aim for.

He's also perfectly capable of running from the last man and taking people on heading straight towards goal.

Guest Roger Kint

Going to be needed quite a lot this season as things stand.

With Shola's fitness he could end up with 20 games this season

:lol:

Aye. It's laughable really. Ridiculous that we're in this position - we've just got to hope Senegal don't qualify for the ACoN.

Good, I personally think there'll be little pressure on him and expect him to play with the kind of attitude that most players lose after twenty. Looking forward to seeing more of him in the cups

Good, I personally think there'll be little pressure on him and expect him to play with the kind of attitude that most players lose after twenty. Looking forward to seeing more of him in the cups

I doubt he will get many chances to be honest, but I'd like to see more of him at this age.

In the past it always felt like the progress of local kids like Brayson and Chopra suffered as there was a fairly big queue in front of them and we wouldn't risk it.

I doubt he will get many chances to be honest, but I'd like to see more of him at this age.

In the past it always felt like the progress of local kids like Brayson and Chopras suffered as there was a fairly big queue in front of them and we wouldn't risk it.

Absolutely, neesy posted somewhere else that if we played him a lot, it'd be bad for him. The main problem with NUFC for years is not playing youth enough (maybe they've been mostly shit but this lad looks like he has something). He should be getting as much experience as his body can handle

Other winners of the Nike Cup Player of the Tournament.

Fernando Torres - Debut aged 17 Athletico Madrid - 4 League Apps in First Season (1 Goal). 36 League Apps in Second Season (6 Goals).

Andres Iniesta- Debut aged 18 Barcelona - 6 League Apps in First Season. 11 League Apps in Second Season (1 Goal).

Carlos Tevez - Debut aged 16 Boca Juniors - 11 League Apps in First Season (1 Goal). 32 League Apps in Second Season (11 Goals).

If he is physically strong enough (which he looks like he may well be) then he ought to be able to make a decent contribution.

Fernando Torres - Debut aged 17 Athletico Madrid - 4 League Apps in First Season (1 Goal). 36 League Apps in Second Season (6 Goals).

Andres Iniesta- Debut aged 18 Barcelona - 6 League Apps in First Season. 11 League Apps in Second Season (1 Goal).

Carlos Tevez - Debut aged 16 Boca Juniors - 11 League Apps in First Season (1 Goal). 32 League Apps in Second Season (11 Goals).

If he is physically strong enough (which he looks like he may well be) then he ought to be able to make a decent contribution.

Those are the success stories. Who are the other winners of the Nike Cup Player of the Tournament?

Those are the success stories. Who are the other winners of the Nike Cup Player of the Tournament?

AC49

I did try and find out  :okay: and was just putting the information there as a point of conversation rather than trying to place Campbell in that bracket.

In the past it always felt like the progress of local kids like Brayson and Chopra suffered as there was a fairly big queue in front of them and we wouldn't risk it.

agree, there's no pressure whatsoever now - the longer he's held back belting them in the reserves the expectation will grow and grow then when/if he doesn't perform right away the pressure would be on him

be better getting him in the squad now, let him play with zero expectations and he may just thrive

don't think pardew will do it personally though, i think he'll flog ba & cisse into the ground or play 1 up top

Krul

Debuchy. Taylor colo. santon

Cabaye.  Tiote.  Jonas/Anita

Cisse/ba

It's not ideal but Simpson isn't the end of the world. Really needs to step it up like, and I don't think having Marveaux where Hoilett is in that line-up is the worst thing either.

Will be banging them in by January and get sold for what we consider to be a very good offer to Manchester United.

What a depressing, but very probable true statement under this ownership.

Because we sold one player for far more than he is worth? :lol:

Will be banging them in by January and get sold for what we consider to be a very good offer to Manchester United.

And got Cisse, Cabaye and Ba with it :) its the best deal we have ever done considering we strengthened and Liverpool now have a 35 mill striker on loan at a promoted team :)

We have not seen any proof we are a selling club, they just say they want players with a resale value which is fair enough and good business sense, if someone offers 25 mill for 1 of our players we are not in a position to not sell financially, the player may also fancy winning the league which we wont do and thats not Ashleys fault. 25 mill might get us 2 10mill players with wages and we may have replaced and improved in another area, its kind of the only way we can grow.

The most important thing is that replacements are bought, I know we had to wait until Jan for cisse but we got Ba in the summer. We need to only sell at beginning/middle window though to give ourselves a chance

Because it seems as if we have to sell to buy.

Because it seems as if we have to sell to buy.

Even if we have money left from Carroll.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if I'm allowed to post this, should be though.

Swedish magazine (free and available in sports stores) did a very good piece on Newcastle last spring. Pardew talks up Remie Streete a lot, but they also focused on Campbell a fair bit. This interview is from that issue.