Adam Campbell released

gbandit

• 4 weeks later...

Disappointed he didn't get a game against Bordeaux.  Haven't seen too much of him but he looks like he could be a decent prospect, hopefully he'll start getting some time this season.

just back off injury and probably more so taking the opportunity to get him used to the first team scene.

Bringing Cisse on for that last ten minutes was daft and pointless, should have given this lad another taster.

He's lacking in goals, 10 minutes to bag one against a reserve centre-back pairing. Can see the thinking tbh.

Pretty optimistic thinking that when we had created one chance in the first 80 minuts.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there genuinely anything to suggest he's going to be any different to the multitude of no-mark strikers we've brought through the academy?

Like the one we got £35 million for?

He looks a class above to be honest, certainly an exciting prospect, I'd like to see him go out on loan tbh but we can't really afford to do that at the moment due to lack of numbers.

Is there genuinely anything to suggest he's going to be any different to the multitude of no-mark strikers we've brought through the academy?

He looks a class above to be honest, certainly an exciting prospect, I'd like to see him go out on loan tbh but we can't really afford to do that at the moment due to lack of numbers.

That's one out of God-knows how many; absolutely shitloads.

Fair enough though. Just cooling my anticipation of him cos, in all fairness, he's only been in and around the squad cos we're so woefully short on numbers. Same goes for Sammy.

but aren't you laughing at that now?

Fair enough though. Just cooling my anticipation of him cos, in all fairness, he's only been in and around the squad cos we're so woefully short on numbers. Same goes for Sammy.

Of course it is, the vast majority of academy footballers don't even end up as professional footballers at any level at all.

i haven't seen enough of him to say. he is however, the only one fans from other clubs ask about in the way people knew about joe cole when he was a kid.

Of course it is, the vast majority of academy footballers don't even end up as professional footballers at any level at all.

Exactly.

Seems like a good lad though, from the odd soundbite i've heard. Hopefully he'll have the opportunity of a loan next season, but i won't hold my breath.

Tbf he seems to have a brain, technically good and have raw pace.

All attributes not many of players we have had in last decade or so( probably longer) through the academy....

Not to mention he seems to have his feet on the ground, but yeah its best to cool off any hype at this stage but there are genuine reasons to be excited about him.