Adam Campbell released

gbandit

I know he's a Geordie n all and you boys want him to be the next big thing but I'm gonna stick my neck out on the line here and say he won't make it as a Premiership footballer...

Too easy.... :lol: :lol:

For what it's worth he hasn't done anything of note in his substitute appearances for anyone to say he's going to be particularly good nor particularly bad.

Good to see he's getting some time with the first team and not looking out of his depth, hopefully he'll get a couple of starts in the league once we're officially safe.

Be nice to have another option who can play across the front three, the fact that he's tiny and ginger is brilliant as well obviously.

I love his running, both when chasing a ball and when trying to find space. Whether that will translate to how he will turn out as a player only time will tell, but so far so good. There's definitely something special about having a young local lad come on to the pitch :aww:

People are saying he's good/bad based on what we've heard from the academy. We don't just randomly pluck little ginger kids off the street and hoy them in a game to see if they're up to scratch, they're trained for many years before that.

Anyway I think there's an almost certain chance he'll make it in the Premiership, it'll take a monumental effort from the lad and the staff for him to become one of the leagues best though, would absolutely love it if he did.

People are saying he's good/bad based on what we've heard from the academy. We don't just randomly pluck little ginger kids off the street and hoy them in a game to see if they're up to scratch, they're trained for many years before that.

Anyway I think there's an almost certain chance he'll make it in the Premiership, it'll take a monumental effort from the lad and the staff for him to become one of the leagues best though, would absolutely love it if he did.

On a serious note about making it in the Premiership...considering how ridiculously small he is he'll have to be technically excellent to make it.

Too easy.... :lol: :lol:

For what it's worth he hasn't done anything of note in his substitute appearances for anyone to say he's going to be particularly good nor particularly bad.

True enough, but I think based on the fact that Pardew is comfortable enough with him to send him on in these situations shows that he has some ability. Pardew sent him on tonight to make an impact and did so ahead of Shola. Obviously lets not get carried away, but not bad for an 18 year old.

There was one moment where he was fucking screaming for the ball out on the left all alone but everyone just ignored him  :(

Got a fair few touches after that though.

:lol: He was getting into good positions on the far post from time to time but everyone was like :yao:

Despite he's obviously naturally gifted its the simple things like giving a simple pass when it would be easy to dribble or shoot is what impresses me.

He plays the game like a seasoned pro.

He was giving Tiote and Cisse loads of stick and I liked that.

Despite he's obviously naturally gifted its the simple things like giving a simple pass when it would be easy to dribble or shoot is what impresses me.

He was giving Tiote and Cisse loads of stick and I liked that.

That too :thup:

For me thats whats make great players. Just do the simple things. Seriously, his short passing most be the best in this team, attacking wise.

For me thats whats make great players. Just do the simple things. Seriously, his short passing most be the best in this team, attacking wise.

Based on two games?