Adam Campbell released

gbandit

Thought he looked decent, that cushioned header to lay off for someone (cant remember who now) was something you wouldnt normally see from a 17 year old making his debut.  Made some decent runs and looked like he had a decent touch.  He certainly has potential but its up to the coaches and himself to realise that potential. He could be anything from a decent player to a quality player if he works hard enough and receives the correct guidance.

Thought he looked decent, that cushioned header to lay off for someone (cant remember who now) was something you wouldnt normally see from a 17 year old making his debut.  Made some decent runs and looked like he had a decent touch.  He certainly has potential but its up to the coaches and himself to realise that potential. He could be anything from a decent player to a quality player if he works hard enough and receives the correct guidance.

Think Pardew will know how to handle him. He just needs to show the right attitude - not the one Ranger has shown.

Guest SweMatt

The only real disappointment for Campbell was that his family weren't able to see him make history, but he hopes they might get the opportunity to watch him play in the second leg of the tie at the Sports Direct Arena next Thursday.

"They couldn't get the time off and the flights and everything were too expensive," he explained. "I think many fans found that, when they were looking to book flights the prices were just horrendous with your flight and your ticket and the hotel on top.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20120824/history-boy-campbells-greek-mythology_2281670_2898478?

I wonder how many other players would recognize these things? Time off? Ticket and hotel prices?

Lovely thing to read.  :)

I'd like to see him start in the LC or Europa League and see him for longer than 10 minutes and whether he can grow into games. He's managed to impress in very little time the two times he's come on now. His pace could be very useful come the end of games aswell.

Charachter seems spot on, almost moved by his appreciation for everything. What a good example for young players coming through, this is how you should conduct yourself. Such a difference from Ranger etc.

From the little we've seen on him I think the hype is justified and he's going to be a great player in time. He seems to have his feet on the ground too which is very important for his development.

He's certainly got a very good footballing brain which is key. Coupled with that, he's got pace, good touch and can strike a ball well. When you bear in mind his attitude, I think it's fair enough to feel excited about him coming through, especially when you read what a nice lad he is

Haven't seen much of him, but can anyone tell me if they believe he has a chance of "making it"?

Many people, when discussing transfers, seem to mention the Dembaboys and Lord Shola, then say we're short-handed after that. Is Campbell, young as he is, a realistic contender to step up and fill some standby-shaped shoes?

Without pressuring such a young guy with the pressure of carrying the goalscoring responsibility of a team on his back, as a substitute/reserve option, is he good enough to fill the position (assuming Ash doesn't splash the cash?).

"If he's good enough, then he's old enough" seems apt to me here. Unless the furore around him is just a novelty because he's a young local lad. Provided that's not what the fuss about him is, I'd like to see the youth given a chance - otherwise what's the point in having a youth system.

Haven't seen much of him, but can anyone tell me if they believe he has a chance of "making it"?

Many people, when discussing transfers, seem to mention the Dembaboys and Lord Shola, then say we're short-handed after that. Is Campbell, young as he is, a realistic contender to step up and fill some standby-shaped shoes?

Without pressuring such a young guy with the pressure of carrying the goalscoring responsibility of a team on his back, as a substitute/reserve option, is he good enough to fill the position (assuming Ash doesn't splash the cash?).

"If he's good enough, then he's old enough" seems apt to me here. Unless the furore around him is just a novelty because he's a young local lad. Provided that's not what the fuss about him is, I'd like to see the youth given a chance - otherwise what's the point in having a youth system.

In terms of ability I don't see why not. The concern is what sort of stand by will he be? Its one thing for him to come on at home with 10mins to go in a relatively low pressure environment but say Senegal go through to ACON and we are left with Shola and him its going to be a huge amount of pressure. It may work mind, he seems to make very clever runs that would enable him to get a fair share of chances and if he tucked a couple away well it could snowball.

Its a risk management thing, you could throw him in at the deep end but it may harm his development if it goes wrong, conversely it may accelerate it. My own opinion is it would be too much of a risk if he had to do anything more than a series of cameo's this season. Interestingly though if we were to sign Carroll I wouldn't mind seeing him as our 4th Choice Striker as he offers something different to all of our other options. *

* Assuming Senegal don't qualify for ACON and there are no major injuries.

He has picked up a few non-regional awards hasn't he? (Nike Cup player of the tournament or something which was previously won by big names) so it seems more than local boy doing good. Whether it's too early is another matter, looks like he might be getting a chance anyway :okay:

He has picked up a few non-regional awards hasn't he? (Nike Cup player of the tournament or something which was previously won by big names) so it seems more than local boy doing good. Whether it's too early is another matter, looks like he might be getting a chance anyway :okay:

He won player of the tournament in the Nike Premier Cup last year and player of the tournament in the Milk Cup this year :thup:

I've probably not seen enough to give an accurate opinion on whether or not he's ready yet, but he's certainly a talent.