Alan Pardew

Dave

Are all these long term contracts just because Mike and Dekka hate all the contract talks and want to put off the renewals as long as possible?

I know you're jesting but there is probably a lot of truth in it. Having to renegotiate contracts in football must be a right ballache.

You also have longer to wait until there's a pay rise upon signing a new contract. The long contracts absolutely make sense IMO.

They do in the right circumstances, not if you end up having to pay them off or keep daft cunts on the books for years on end.

There's no doubt he'll have got a big payrise here. Sure there was talk when we got him he was the lowest paid manager in the league?

Yeah, £500K or something.

Tough life

There's no doubt he'll have got a big payrise here. Sure there was talk when we got him he was the lowest paid manager in the league?

Yeah, £500K or something.

The more I think about this the more happy I am with it. Pardew has flaws i have railed against him with, I think he;s too conservative with the 4-4-2, think he rates players more than he should at times etc, I don't think chopping and changing mangers works much, not unless we are likely to get a huge improvement. We are not unless Mourinho wants to come (follow in Robson's footsteps? Maybe once he's won everything else I suppose but wouldn't count on it and not unless he'd take a huge pay cut) or something.

It's the perfect message to players too, imo players often think they'll outlast a manager and will ride it out till next one. Long term manager stability gives them more authority to deal with dressing room trouble imo. It also says to players who like pards (I think plenty of ours do, could be wrong in a cynical world) that if they want to work with him stay here.

Pards may prefer a 4-4-2 more than most but he's no allardyce, he wants positive attacking footy but gets heeby jeebies about possession play. i think he'll get better at it longer time with it, I don't think he's ever been poor enough to think the upheaval of a sacking worthwhile, and if he ever does don't think he'll survive because of this. The managerial merry go round can go on for rest of league, Pards is flexible enough and astute enough, if annoyingly conservative at times, that I don't mind us jumping off and sticking with him for a while.

Newcastle want to end years of upheaval, the spread of insecurity at the slightest run of bad results, and terrace gossip that infects many a coach's reign[ when the going gets tough.

:lol: They know our fanbase well then.

Glad to see he accepts our squad isnt big enough. Says the model does allow compromise but depends where we are as a team then lists Cisse? Suggests we saw getting an additional striker last Jan as more important than RB this window. Suppose Anita's arrival may have been the reason for that.

Decent read tbh :thup: i agree with him about the transfer window imparticular.

About Douglas i think that was more about wages and agent fees than the actual transfer itself which i can't see changing much in January.

Interesting that he reckons Debuchy was an extra 2 or 3 million too, i was led to believe it was less than that.

Oh great 8 more years of uninspiring football...

Here we go again. Yawn.

After all the stuff he said about giving Pardew a break in future as well. :lol:

A great season, a good start to this but we haven't destroyed anyone so he is back in the bad books :lol:

Some really do expect too much iyam. Nothing wrong with always wanting improvement but there is taking it too far/being too expectant.

Depends on your expectations at the end of the day. There are coaches like Allardyce for example who will always be able to provide a certain level of success for small teams with big strikers and goal poachers like Kevin Nolan. The best teams play a different way though, so I can understand HTT's frustration to some extent. Pardew's teams always look happiest when they are playing simple, direct football.

"You can look at naming rights - a strong, brave decision, because we know it's such an emotional subject.

"So why do it? Because we need to bring in more income, more commercial income."

£0 and counting. :thup:

Too much "we couldn't afford it" talk there. Nonsense, as we all know.

So what's the real reason, then?

Being far too cautious. This quote sums it up...

"They worked on those glory transfers and all the dramas behind them - glory and bust, with no success. What was the success? It was basically. 'I've signed a player!' That has to end. It has."

Too much "we couldn't afford it" talk there. Nonsense, as we all know.

So what's the real reason, then?

Being far too cautious. This quote sums it up...

"They worked on those glory transfers and all the dramas behind them - glory and bust, with no success. What was the success? It was basically. 'I've signed a player!' That has to end. It has."

if they say we couldn't afford it then the reason we wouldn't have signed a player is cos we couldn't afford it.  We pay our fees outright in one go and are trying to make the club self sufficient,  if we have £6m in the transfer pot and the selling club says we want £6.5m then rightly or wrongly Llambias is going to walk away.

i might not agree but wouldn't say it was nonsense.

Oh great 8 more years of uninspiring football...

Here we go again. Yawn.

After all the stuff he said about giving Pardew a break in future as well. :lol:

A great season, a good start to this but we haven't destroyed anyone so he is back in the bad books :lol:

Some really do expect too much iyam. Nothing wrong with always wanting improvement but there is taking it too far/being too expectant.

Depends on your expectations at the end of the day. There are coaches like Allardyce for example who will always be able to provide a certain level of success for small teams with big strikers and goal poachers like Kevin Nolan. The best teams play a different way though, so I can understand HTT's frustration to some extent. Pardew's teams always look happiest when they are playing simple, direct football.

He just won manager of the year getting us to a position none of us ever imagined (best points total in how many years?) and has started this season well, he has also made excellent use of players most of us would have been overjoyed to let go for free.

I despise this deluded tag but sometimes it's hard to argue against reading on here. There will always be the 'we would obviously be better..' thing no matter where we are or what manager we are playing under but I really don't think football is as simple as it seems when discussed on forums.

Pardew has so far more than earned enough breathing room to make mistakes, to have fans almost against him is ridiculous.

"You can look at naming rights - a strong, brave decision, because we know it's such an emotional subject.

"So why do it? Because we need to bring in more income, more commercial income."

£0 and counting. :thup:

:lol: It's fucking shameless, the stadium stuff.  Ensures I'll never quite trust them.